Disappearing walls and floor

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tamashi.5647

Tamashi.5647

I’m having a very weird problem with graphics. Sometimes walls or floor become invisible at some angles. And it’s difficult to play when you don’t know if you are going to fall or bump into the wall.
Does anyone know how to fix it? Maybe I need to change something in graphic options?

Attachments:

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That is very bizarre. It looks like it might be a driver issue. What kind of graphics card are you running this on, and what operating system?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Tamashi.5647

AMD Radeon HD 7700, Windows XP

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

Ive had it happen to me too on a mac.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It happens in game at certain areas, you can see it quite often from the edge of the map, which is not the case here though, or when camera goes through certain objects, possibly invisible objects. Probably best thing to do is report it from in game as a bug right from the location causing the problem.

Tamashi.5647

Thank you for the idea. I’ll try to report it as a bug. But the problem is, this happens in almost every location with mountains. (Especially near Orr)

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

It seems Orr has random issues with terrain disappearing. I had just come out of the arah dungeon once and the whole floor was missing. Another time, a friend of mine had the coral steps (they look like shelf mushrooms) disappear while trying to complete a vista, I had to do the vista with her and stand on the jump locations as a marker so she knew where to jump without falling. She later told me here husband had the exact same issue on his comp. But that coral never disappeared on me luckily.

We are all on macs.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Its a problem with your CPU trying to catch up for being too bottle necked by the game engine which is not optimized well. I’m using a dual core laptop PC. Try to lower settings more or just wait for it to fill in.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Normally, I’d agree with you Yumiko, but the coral issue I mentioned never cleared up and still occurs for my friend and her hubs. I spent over 10 minutes helping her on the vista, we even goofed off and took screenshots to post on fb to each other for a laugh, and hers never appeared, but mine were never missing (on a low population day). Her and her hubs have higher level machines than I do.

So typically, yeah it’s probably a bottleneck, but sometimes, it’s just a graphics processing bug that never goes away. My missing floor issue cleared up after a min or 2.

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Every time I cap a tower the entire tower disappears for a second. I consider it an act of God.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It is highly likely that this is a bug caused by the combination of specific hardware and drivers. I recommend reporting this bug, along with detailed information of your system. I happen to be running the game on a relatively new Radeon as well, with Windows XP. But the issue does not occur for me. Thus it could be an issue specific to your particular version of Radeon card.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)