"Discovering Scarlett's Breakthrough"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: agereus.5817

agereus.5817

At the first console, once Taimi has activated it and I take control, there is no ground targeting tool. The laser just keeps shooting me when I use the ability. Again there is no targeting tool, so I tried just clicking an area but the laser just shoots at me instead.

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think you have to make sure you have ground targeting turned on…or off…in options.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The animation is kind of wonky. I have ground targeting turned on and the laser sometimes seems to start hitting things near me and then works its way to the place I targeted. Sometimes I see the damage numbers, but mostly I don’t.

In other words, it might be working exactly as you expected, but you just can’t tell. That’s better than being bugged, but not as well as I would hope.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

agereus.5817

no i’m sure it’kittenting me. no one is being damaged at the target area, and in the animation you can clearly see the laser shoot me. I had a similar ground targeting bug in the second instance of the gates of maguuma, where I could not pull myself to the appropriate spot with lightening tether. I will try turning on ground targeting in options though.

agereus.5817

there is no ground targeting option that I can find

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Options – General Options – Combat/Movement – Fast Cast Ground Targeting

Fast-Cast Ground Targeting — Normally, ground-targeted skills require one click or key press to activate the skill’s target overlay, allowing you to select the target area by moving the mouse cursor, and finally a second click or key press to activate the skill at the targeted location. This option condenses the function into a single click or key press, selecting the target location from the current location of the mouse cursor.

agereus.5817

couldn’t have done it without you, I had ground casting on instant, it needs to be on normal. Didn’t try the other setting. Thanks.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh! You are most welcome! Remembered that from previous LS events long ago that seemed to have the same problem of casting at one’s feet. =)