Dishonor and Pip loss Disconnection Bug.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ZalonWolf.3291

ZalonWolf.3291

Hello,

I literally crashed from some sort of bug in the beginning of a pvp match. Was forced to completely sign off and relog in my computer. I then logged back in to help the team fight. We won, yet I still lost a pip and got 30 minutes of dishonor… I was 4 pips from legendary… I’m hoping someone could help me quickly if there is a way to restore this since this is in no way my fault. I have the screenshots displaying the win – and I hate to think this may be the thing to hold me back from crossing into legendary division at the end of this period. I should either have 3 pips or 2 pips from legendary if it wasn’t for this -stupid- dishonor system.

Attachments:

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The game is strict about applying dishonor, as there’s no systematic way to tell if someone unplugged their computer to avoid a sticky situation or actually DC’d.

I’m sure you must be frustrated, since this wasn’t your fault. All the same, I’m sure you’ll be able to cross yourself over into legendary more quickly and with less effort than getting support to help (even if they can or will).

Still, if you want to ask ANet for help, you’ll need to create a support ticket (follow the links at upper left for ‘Support’). They need a ticket for individual requests (the forums are for documenting bugs — plus, this one is working “as intended”, even if some of us disagree about whether it should be intended or not).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

ZalonWolf.3291

Already did in game…. but yeah… there is a way to tell as its clear I came back and played to the win….

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Already did in game…. but yeah… there is a way to tell as its clear I came back and played to the win….

Support might be able to make that distinction; the game cannot, not quickly enough anyhow. That’s why the mechanic is so unforgiving.

Anyhow, glad you got it taken care of one way or another. I’m sorry that you had to work around the mechanic.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

ZalonWolf.3291

It’s not solved yet… I meant the support ticket… I ended up winning (which would have legend me) and then lost a few more… ugh… more back and forth time

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You can’t create a support ticket in-game. You’ll need to put in one here on the website. https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

ZalonWolf.3291

Done… Thanks for clarifying.

ZalonWolf.3291

And legended… holy crap that was 4 extra hours of back and forth and close games I don’t want to do again…. but yeah. Look into that crashing thing Anets. :-\ I feel for others that it happens too.