Disk - I/O error in Harathi Hinterlands

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

I tried to enter the map and got stuck at the loading screen for a time, eventually getting a popup with the above error and the message that the game had to terminate; there was no other, more technical info given. I can load and play other characters just fine, but that one is trapped at the loading screen and gets the same error every time.

Posted by: Khat.9327

Khat.9327

Join the club. There are many topics about the issue already… Been like this for the past 10 roughly hours as some folks say. Still no real fix for it.

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

Yes, but most seem to be network errors, which I’m not getting. Figured a different error was different enough to warrant another topic.

Posted by: Skeet.3257

Skeet.3257

I tried to enter the map and got stuck at the loading screen for a time, eventually getting a popup with the above error and the message that the game had to terminate; there was no other, more technical info given. I can load and play other characters just fine, but that one is trapped at the loading screen and gets the same error every time.

this is a copy paste of what i wrote on the other forum thingy:
hello all, i might have found a solution for this error. this happened to me a couple of days ago and after some research on google i fixed it and gw2 is working better than ever.
An I/O disk error is something that has to do with the hard drive.(hdd ssd doesnt matter)
DO NOT replace your hard drive before trying my fix first, if your hard drive was rekt u wouldnt even be able to see this >.>
1) If you have a desktop, i would recommend opening it up(carefully) and cleaning it very very good(carefully), especially the hard disk(CAREFULLY).
2) Click on start and search for CMD, right click on CMD and run as admin(u have to run as admin or else step 3 will not work!).
3) type in: dskchk /r then enter. It will ask if you want to do the diskcheck when the pc restarts, u press Y then enter.
4) restart your pc
Your computer will start the diskcheck during the “loading windows” part and it IS GOING TO TAKE A LONG LONG LONG TIME, so do that before u go to bed or on vacation or something xD
After disk check is done windows will load and the next thing you want to do is go into the search bar again and type in: “event viewer” and click on the application. You then click on “windows log” in the top left corner, u then press on “application” under the “windows log” tab, then you want to search for a line with “wininit” under the “source” tab in the middle of the screen. There you will see the results of your disk check. Now if you see that there are “bad sectors” in your disk then your disk is rekt, if u see “Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.” then ure good. If you see a “cleaning up…..” then ure definitly good to go.
Now try to play gw2 and tell me if it worked :p
also here is a vid that can help: /watch?v=BYMWNqbNw98