Dive Master bugged

Dive Master bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Khaos.8504

Khaos.8504

I have done all 37 of the diving locations twice, as listed on the wiki, but the achievement sits at 36 out of 37. I do know that when doing the Skrittsburgh one, I do not change out of the diving goggles until I leave the water. Does anyone know a fix or way to do this?

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I am also having trouble with a pair of diving goggles, except it is the pair located at Bloody Bill’s Base in Bloodtide Coast. Same issue, where I’m still wearing the goggles even after landing in the water. I’ve tried several times now, to no avail.

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Try redoing it (Sucks i know) – It will not count if you as much as scrape an edge on the way down to the water. Recheck anyone where it can have happened (You probably dont have to check the diving board in LA for example)

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

Blacktide Coast still seems to be bugged — goggles stay on underwater. I’m 36/38 and I can’t tell if this is one of the missing ones or not since there’s no way to tell which 36 I already have credit for….

Edit: Ditto Skrittsburgh. Sigh.

(edited by DryHumour.1307)

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

I following this guide http://dulfy.net/2012/11/05/gw2-dive-master-achievement-guide/
did all 38 but for some reason I am 37/38.

Dive Master bugged

vpchelko.4261

DryHumour-1307
Do you mean “Bloodtide Coast”?

Dive Master bugged

vpchelko.4261

This is very old bug. But not fixed?
Anet going to release new addon – but not fix bugs?

This fact makes me rlly annoyed.

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

Dive Master bugged

vpchelko.4261

BUMP! 1234556780

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m at 36/38 on this. No help forthcoming from Customer Support. Therefore, I am permanently back-burnering it :/

Dive Master bugged

Sariel V.7024

[SUGGESTION]: Make the New Content pointer point to Diving Goggles that have not been registered yet.

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I posted in this thread over a year ago, and I’ve long since given up on completing dive master.

I’m pretty sure all of the issued started happening back when anet implemented anti flyhacking measures; lots of diving goggles completely broke, because the game couldn’t tell that you were landing in the water.

The server basically rubberbands your location around when it detects you moving on the vertical axis too quickly, and it completely breaks some diving locations.

Dive Master bugged

vpchelko.4261

Solutions? Workarounds? Brains?

Maybe add more Dive Spot – or/and less spot to complete this Achievement?
Or no luck because of lack of brain?

Dive Master bugged

vpchelko.4261

Dive Master bugged

Sariel V.7024

CS declined to assist me with this very issue.

I expect the same will happen with you.

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Each time I’ve attempted to help someone with Diving Master (and for myself), it turned out not to be a ‘bug’ so much as one or more dives didn’t register achievement progress. That is, the person got the goggles, dived into what appeared to be the exactly correct location, and moved on, marking that dive as completed.

The only way to address it is to put the chieve on your watch list and systematically go through all the dives. Again. Unfortunately, there’s nothing in the game that lets you know whether you already have credit or are just missing the trigger.

Myself, I had to go through the full list a second time and then about 1/3 of them a third time. Turned out, there were two that have a large body of water below, but only a narrow spot in which you get credit.

I recommend taking a mesmer and setting a portal, so you can attempt each dive twice, trying to land in different spots.

Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dive Master bugged

vpchelko.4261

Each time I’ve attempted to help someone with Diving Master (and for myself), it turned out not to be a ‘bug’ so much as one or more dives didn’t register achievement progress. That is, the person got the goggles, dived into what appeared to be the exactly correct location, and moved on, marking that dive as completed.

The only way to address it is to put the chieve on your watch list and systematically go through all the dives. Again. Unfortunately, there’s nothing in the game that lets you know whether you already have credit or are just missing the trigger.

Myself, I had to go through the full list a second time and then about 1/3 of them a third time. Turned out, there were two that have a large body of water below, but only a narrow spot in which you get credit.

I recommend taking a mesmer and setting a portal, so you can attempt each dive twice, trying to land in different spots.

Good luck.

I spend 3 days on Dive Master – and u suggest to spend another 3 days? No thanks!

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: Felladin.9768

Felladin.9768

Bloody Bill’s is the last one for me and I have tried every way from Sunday. Different characters, with or without plank, walked, jumped, spun. Nothing makes it register.
What it does is make me run around naked in Bloodtide and getting ruined ore despite using Black Lion tools.

And the bug report is of course unanswered.

Dive Master bugged

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Bloody Bill’s is the last one for me and I have tried every way from Sunday. Different characters, with or without plank, walked, jumped, spun. Nothing makes it register.
What it does is make me run around naked in Bloodtide and getting ruined ore despite using Black Lion tools.

And the bug report is of course unanswered.

Bug reports never get a direct answer; you need to create a support ticket to get an individual response.

For the one near Bloody Bill…I don’t remember that one being an issue. I do know that (as stated above), several of the achievements are very sensitive to small variations of where you start or land. Using the skills never matters, so don’t worry about those. Try starting at the end of the plank and falling (instead of jumping) and then (for successive attempts), moving outward from that spot, in a sort of spiral pattern. If you have a mesmer (or a friend with one), you should be able to repeat attempts quickly enough to spam a success by accident.

If you end up naked, then swap a weapon or otherwise get back into your regular form before attempting to harvest; there’s a well-known feature (or bug) that ruins all mats if you’re in a form.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”