Diving Mastery

Diving Mastery

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DKShang.8792

DKShang.8792

This may not be the place for this issue, and if not I apologize; however, I submitted an in-game bug report last week and have yet to get help. I am attempting to complete the Dive Master achievement but am not able to get credit for Krytia diving point #8. I have tried it several times without receiving credit. Can I get help with this please or should I submit a support ticket through the website here? Thank you in advance.

Diving Mastery

Posted by: TheMSR.7120

TheMSR.7120

Yep, this happens several times. After the jump you have to swim a bit until you get reequipped. There isn’t any show-up for the completion – you have to check directly in the achievement itself, even when it’s the last goggle for the mastery point.

I’m often around to port people up – every single one who states, that it didn’t count got it on the second try OR they thought it didn’t count when it actually did (they were confused because of the lack of the ‘over-minimap’ notification).

So please double check.

For the sake of ‘listing-all-possible-reasons-why-it-could-have-failed’ i have make sure that you jumped the ‘right’ goggle. Kryta 8 is the Not-So-Secret Aetherblade goggle.

(edited by TheMSR.7120)

Diving Mastery

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some of the dives are sensitive to where you land, some where you start, and some where you end up. They aren’t, near as I’ve been able to tell, affected by exactly when you leave the swimsuit. As MSR suggests, keep the achievement on your watchlist so you can see if/when you get credit — if you don’t immediately after a dive, ‘swim’ around a bit.

tl;dr dives can be wonky; they require more attention to seemingly-unimportant details than other chieves.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Diving Mastery

Posted by: DKShang.8792

DKShang.8792

Actually, yes, let me double check that when I get home from work. I know in the tab that I do not have it; however, I may be jumping/landing incorrectly.

Diving Mastery

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

20 jumps today. 18 times shattered on a pipe. I just can’t find a camera setting that allows me to see where I am, before it’s too late. Still, 2 of those blind jumps were actually successful but both didn’t count. I’m still at 37/38.

What’s the intention here apart from the obvious goal to annoy your players and to demonstrate how bad the camera still is?