Dowsing Rod

Dowsing Rod

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

After completing the new jumping puzzle my friends and I went to return the Dowsing rod and there was nothing. We talked to Veteran Kri’chta and the rod disappeared from our inventories, no special dialog, no special loot. Just poof gone. Not 100% sure if this is a bug, but it seems to be since Kri’ctha is so interested in it.

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Yeah…. Nothing really happened when I turned in the dowsing rod.

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Same. It vanished from my inventory, nothing happened.

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Same story here.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I had that as well. Were we meant to get something for it?

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Ghodgkins.5987

Ghodgkins.5987

You literally do it to make the skritt you give it to look good in front of his other fellow skritt. You can fight him at the chest and when you defeat him he explains it all

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The buff suggests you get more loot for returning it.

However i do believe that real error is that the buff dissipates the moment you open the chest and not the moment you return the rod.

It would be nice if you could actually keep the buff until you return the dowsing rod to the skritt ontop of the ship and get an extra set of loot (somehow).

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

There is special dialogue when you return the dowsing rod, one or two lines and the skritt starts spinning around. It is easy to miss though (and may seem like part of her usual dialogue if there’s a somewhat steady stream of epople giving her the dowsing rod).

“I am a storm wizard! I will rally water to sail our ship! (grunt). (Moan) Water has been backlogged.”

(edited by Selene.9415)

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You literally do it to make the skritt you give it to look good in front of his other fellow skritt. You can fight him at the chest and when you defeat him he explains it all

Attachments:

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I ran the puzzle once.. No rod. I ran the puzzle again, this time I:

speak to the skritt who wants it first

and at the end.. Voila, it was given to me!

The two people who were with me during the run did talk to the skritt on their first pass, and received it from the chest.

Why would you be looking for a dowsing rod if you had never been asked for it?

You can also use the flag system to quickly hop back and talk to the sktritt, instead of having to redo the whole puzzle again.

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

I have talked to the Veteran Kri’chta before I open the chest, I got the dowing rod but the Veteran Kri’chta disappeared. I have waited for a while and someone else spawned him so I talk to him again but he keeps saying the same thing… he doesn’t take the rod. Is there another place I need to go and find him to give him the rod?

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Mithyl.8620

Mithyl.8620

Jaetara, after fighting Kri’chta the chest behind him becomes lootable…and that’s what contained the Dowsing Rod for me.

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Ye I know, the thing is what I need to do with that Rod, I give it to an Npc for loot or smt? Cause it seams useless otherwise :p

Dowsing Rod

Posted by: IrishSctSniper.2795

IrishSctSniper.2795

Jaetara you need to go back to the wp and on top of the ship you will see the scritt you give it to.