Dragon Ball auto-balance [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Volunteering does NOT give wins, either disable auto-balancing or enable wins when you volunteer

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

So… just got balanced from a 400 v 300 game then win is not awarded….
Pretty bad design imo

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

So that’s another year in which they’ve failed to fix this?

Posted by: Nimuial.9714

Nimuial.9714

This is incredibly annoying, and makes the win achievements absolutely infuriating. It sucks to be punished for other people deciding to quit.

(edited by Nimuial.9714)

Posted by: valfx.5416

valfx.5416

If you click on the volunteer button when the auto balance start in Dragon Ball, you didn’t get the win of your primary team and even if you don’t click on it you don’t get the victory either.

It will be cool if the auto balance works exactly the same as the one during the PvP match…

Because winning of 200pts, then being change of team and get nothing, it’s kinda meh.

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Posted by: Nightlark.4029

Nightlark.4029

I was thinking about this, and there is a really easy solution: give bigger and better rewards to the losing team if one team is going for a landslide victory. If anyone has been on the losing team for the entire match and stayed throughout, give them a non-trivial reward – perhaps a repeatable achievement similar to the repeatable one for winning games. It can be called “Spirit of the Dragon”: demonstrate the fighting spirit of a champion by sticking around despite being on the losing team.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Another competitive Anet system not working properly?

It’s almost like they’re trying to make you dislike them.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Sure would be nice if they would fix this.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: Lord Victor.2174

Lord Victor.2174

Is it a bug or is it intended? When I volunteered to get in the other team (which was obviously going to lose) I did not get the win towards the “win 10 games” achievement, even though the “reward” for volunteering says it would.
It is already a pain in the kitten to get the 10 wins and leaving the winning team to give the other more chances AND not getting the reward is even worse.
I’m guessing this is not going to be fixed soon since it’s one of those temporary events reused every year so I’d advise people not to volunteer.
EDIT: Forgot to add, after the match was over it gave me an error saying “The world is full” and leaving me inside the match without anyone else, timer stopped and all.

(edited by Lord Victor.2174)

Posted by: Brandermau.7094

Brandermau.7094

Perhaps it’s out of minor frustration that I am making this post in the first place, but I couldn’t find anyone else commenting about this. I don’t understand why Dragon Ball does not have a leaving penalty or why it has this ‘auto balancing’ feature enabled. Far too many times have I been on the winning side of a match when suddenly the auto balance kicks in because the losing team has hemorrhaged players and I am kicked onto the losing side. Of course, this doesn’t encourage people to keep playing, they just ditch the losing side like those before them because there is no leave penalty, it’s a vicious cycle.

This game encourages teams to work together efficiently and effectively to win like any pvp. If a team is well coordinated and effective, none of those players should have to be kicked onto a losing team because none of the people on the other side could be bothered to stick it out and finish a match. Perhaps there is no golden solution to this problem, but what is currently in place does not make sense.

Given that this event is rather minor, as well as the game type, I imagine Anet really does not care much about Dragon Ball. I find it unfortunate since I do find Dragon Ball to be a nice little break from other content and in general I like the GW2 holiday events. Like other mini games before it however, I suspect it will be overlooked. Maybe just allow players to purchase more of those darn lucky envelopes in a day instead of making them grind out a broken mini game to earn a redemption token.

Posted by: DeferentUrchin.7064

DeferentUrchin.7064

The best part is the auto-balance is a farce and gives you absokittenglutly nothing.

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Those who volunteer for autobalance if they started on the winning team and had a certain personal score should get an automatic win – this is how it works in PvP. Also autobalance should be disabled after a certain length of time (say 3 mins?). Can flip things around even after autobalance in the first few mins, but eventually it becomes impossible.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-Ball-auto-balance-Merged/first

It left me in the instance like that a couple of times, but there was someone on the other team as well. So we used it to get the achievements for the two power-ups in the middle and the one for interrupts.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: Danface.3671

Danface.3671

<< Just another person wishing for the above changes :<
The pros outweigh the cons… don’t they?

Every day, the full 50 repeatable points are feeling less like an achievement, and more like a burnout. ‘Dragonball Champion’ has to be one of the more negative achievements I’ve actively tried to achieve… progress is so wishy-washy! ‘Tis a shame, since the game-mode is heeeeaps of fun (/memories of Reaper’s Rumble <3), but playing with the knowledge that a little bad luck can send all of your efforts and near-victories to the gutter………. maybe next year hm

~Edit: They should lower the countdown for each game. People tend to afk when they’re losing / people start leaving their team, then wind up kicked etc, then are replaced by brand new people looking for fun… seeing a 200 point diff, and knowing the only ways to win are to spawnkill the afkers when they pop outside… or wait out the ~25m remaining in the hopes of not being switched to the other team ^^’… should totally be brought down.
+ ditto to no incentive to stick around if losing = no point scoring for the opposite team = unfair autobalance = broken game.

Attachments:

(edited by Danface.3671)

Posted by: Moka.8432

Moka.8432

Hello,

I noticed, that players in the Dragon Ball arena, as well as in the Snowball Mayhem arena get no win credit when volunteering. This is really annyoing because either you volunteer and most likely lose the game, or you hope not to get forced swapped to the other team. In 99,99% of all games the team with less players will lose. That’s why noone wants to volunteer.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For some reason, ‘resign’ doesn’t offer any benefits in festival PvP. It’s been reported by many players and for “reasons”, ANet has never prioritized doing anything about it. (At the least, they could change the description to clearly indicate it has no effect outside of sPvP.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

This Should be fixed, but not as a Gem Store Item “fix” :v

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Volunteering must give a win like in hotjoin.

And if people keep leaving there has to be consequences, like being sent back to their previous match when they rejoin, or they get dishonor and can’t rejoin with too much dishonor. Not as much as with structured games, but leaving repeatedly should not go unpunished.

And uneven matches must get priority to get extra players.

Also, team rebalance needs a rework. Instead just sending some random player to the other team, the system should get each player and their score, and make two evenly matched teams that will have as close as possible average scores, and total scores. For example:

Red has 400.

• Player 1 earned 200
  • P2 : 150
  • P3 : 50.
  • P4 : 0.

Blue has 100.

• PA : 100
  • PB : 50

Then the result of rebalance would be something like

Red 250

• P1 : 200
  • P3 : 50