[Dragonbrand] Event Bug - Harathi Hinterlands

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: tsunamiDry.5604

tsunamiDry.5604

Server: Dragonbrand
Area: Harathi Hinterlands
Event: Defend the skritt thieves while they steal harpy eggs. (39)
Issue:
Last night I began the event, successfully defending the skritt while they stole the harpy eggs, and triggered the spawn of the Veteran Harpy Matriarch. I thought I killed the Veteran Harpy as I also saw the corpse lying on the ground, but the event progress bar still showed about 50% left to completion. After running back and forth for a bit expecting another Veteran to spawn, I finally gave up and retired for the night. I just now logged back in (still in the event area), and the event is still where I left it from last night. The skritt are still standing around and there is no Veteran to kill. The event apparently is bugged and can not be completed in its current state.

Posted by: Eolwynd.9847

Eolwynd.9847

Same here on Devona’s as of today june 2nd

Bugged and stopped

Posted by: Savos KT.5692

Savos KT.5692

Same thing just happened with me. Second bugged quest I’ve found, with the other one being “Defend the RCK-7550 golem as it stores energy”, where the golem I’m supposed to protect doesn’t even spawn.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Same thing just happened with me. Second bugged quest I’ve found, with the other one being “Defend the RCK-7550 golem as it stores energy”, where the golem I’m supposed to protect doesn’t even spawn.

Defend the RCK Golem has been bugged on HoD intermittently for weeks, now. (He/It often doesn’t spawn.) Whenever you can get around to fixing it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Posted by: Cius.2451

Cius.2451

The skritt event is still bugged.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Posted by: Cius.2451

Cius.2451

The skritt event is still bugged.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Bugged on Fort Aspenwood as well.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: ArgH.6987

ArgH.6987

Server: [Abaddons Mouth]
Still bugged, you cant complete it. There spawned only one Veteran Harpy Matriarch out of three, see screenshot.

Can’t believe that arenanet didn’t fix it. This well known bug bug is a year old.

Attachments:

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all!

What we need for this is more information. We were unable to reproduce this at all. So, what we need is:

• What were you doing and what did you see when it broke?
  • Are all the Skritt alive?
  • How much damage did you to to the Harpy? Did you defeat it, or did it disappear?
  • If you can reproduce it, how exactly did you do so?

Any information beyond “it is broken” would be extremely helpful.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I have just tried it on Seafarer’s Rest and it seemed to work fine (event even failed though). A note though: at a point it said Skritt alive: 1 but minimap showed 3 orange shield, what meant that there was 3 skritt alive but event seemed to fail because they all died)

Posted by: Sefer.9618

Sefer.9618

Same on Riverside today, around 18:36 to 18:40

I think she dropped way to fast here. Event stays at 50% without her being here.

Posted by: Lade.8934

Lade.8934

Here is something I noticed: The event bugs when the tooltip that shows the health of the matriarch starts empty (like in picture 1). If the tooltip shows the health of the matriarch when the event starts the event wont bug (like in picture 2). I dont know what causes the bug tho.

Attachments:

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

I travelled to Fort Aspenwood server and tried to complete the quest there. First part of the quest went fine and then the Harpy Matriarch spawned. Harpy matriarch went down quickly but the quest objective that states her HP was still at 50%. Last words that the harpy said where: “Your time will come mice. Our feathers will black out the sun” and “I am not the last.”

Attachments:

Posted by: Ban Sidhe.9637

Ban Sidhe.9637

I just did this event in a group of 4 people on Gandara (EU).
What Lade.8934 wrote 2 messages back happened to us as well:

We have 3 thieves alive, huddled together where the Veteran Hapry Matriarch died.

- 3 thieves are alive throughout the first phase of the event.
- Veteran spawns, but the health bar on the right side of the screen was empty when she spawned.
- when the Veteran dies, the bar fills up for about 33%, and nothing happens anymore.

We kept the 3 thieves alive as they are mentioned in the event description, but all the foragers in the area were dead. I’m not sure if they matter for the event. It doesn’t say you need the foragers to survive, so once they died we just kept the thieves alive.

Posted by: Kyson.5289

Kyson.5289

happened to me too

Posted by: ArmsteUllion.8409

ArmsteUllion.8409

The event breaks at the part with the Veteran Harpy Matriarch spawns.
-All the Skritt are alive
-The harpy is always “defeated”. The issue is that if it is defeated too quickly, an easy task for any character that’s level 80, (while it’s still going through it’s dialogue), the harpy disappears altogether rending the event unbeatable. You can reproduce the event by killing the harpy matriarch extremely fast as soon as it spawns.

Once it reaches this point, the only way to get the event to reset is to lure harpy warriors to fight the skritt thieves and get them killed, causing the event to actually fail.

It’s fashion wars 2, baby, and I’m freaking winning it. – Lilith Ajit.6173

(edited by ArmsteUllion.8409)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think the problem is because you have to wait for the veteran matriarch to finish his dialogue before attacking him. I’m not very sure but that’s what people been saying.

Posted by: zemiacsik.4590

zemiacsik.4590

I have not seen this event worked properly since start, reported sometimes ingame but after while I stopped with it.

[ALE] Ring of Fire (EU)

(edited by zemiacsik.4590)

Posted by: Katherine Pierce.4560

Katherine Pierce.4560

So.. I reported this to the german site but nothing happens. Now I want to post my story here

The event ist starting, the thieves are searching for the shiny eggs and give them hitkiti. Everything is fine at that moment. So the matriarch is spawning and it is bugging immediately. The bar on the right side (where the event discription is) is empty, she is ’’dead’’. But she isn’t dead, she is alive and she is attacking us. Okay, we’re attacking her too. We made it in 1 1/2 minutes, thats not very fast. After killing her, she was really dead (because we killed her, right?) But the bar on the right side said, she is half alive at 50%. So it bugged again.
Hope this will help you.

Attachments:

(edited by Katherine Pierce.4560)

Posted by: Yelabela.2718

Yelabela.2718

Still bugged as of 4/21

It seemed like we killed the matriarch too quickly. Other people said too quickly for her dialogue, but for me it seemed like we killed her while she was doing that attack where the harpy swoops and “flies” up into the air— I mean the move that harpies do where they “fly” up and disappear for a second or two and then reappear to swoop down again. I think we killed her after she started the animation for this move, so she went up and disappeared as usual. However she didn’t reappear (perhaps because the game recognized her as “dead” or something). This could make sense but for some reason the event sidebar said that she had 33% health. The three skritt were alive and standing there in a group.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

this event is bugged since a long time it only works if done solo. the moment a second player joins in it buggs out

Posted by: Smartik.9674

Smartik.9674

Come on guys, according to the posts here, it has been broken for a year? It is still broken on the megaserver (Whiteside Ridge home server). Shouldn’t take that long to fix 1 quest. The merchant item is kind of important.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Still broken. Next time I will try to do the event by myself. It’s going to be pretty hard though now that Megaserver always has people around.

Posted by: Xehara.8537

Xehara.8537

Server: Tarnished Coast

Also broken on my server. The harpy was at 30% then disappeared, 2 skritt were alive. There is a move where the harpies dart up in the air and out of range, then slam down into the ground. The harpy was near the rock area it spawns in front of when it was being fought, I’m guessing it might’ve glitched during the move described above also because of it’s closeness to the rock ledge.

Writer, role player.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

World Polish

• Harathi Hinterlands
    • Fixed a bug that would occasionally prevent “Defend the skritt thieves while they steal harpy eggs” from advancing when the Harpy Matriarch was defeated.