Dragonhunter Longbow range discrepancy

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

It seems that something is wrong with the range on Spear of Justice.

The tooltip states the range at 1200, The same as all the other abilities. But It seems that when I am at max range I will get an out of range message on the Spear when used. For the longest time I actually assumed it had a shorter range till I bothered to check it last night.

As an example. Claw of Jormag last night. Standing in one spot. Auto-attacking with the #1 ability puncturing shot and using the #2 ability true shot. Both were hitting without issue. Spear of Justice, however would state out of range every time.

So it seems there is some type of range discrepancy here. I was stationary. My target was stationary and skills that all have the same range, one was stating out of range every time.

Posted by: Kalif.1685

Kalif.1685

Can confirm this. It’s not a huge range difference but it’s definitely shorter. Maybe by 50-100.

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

It’s possible that it’s due to projectiles and their ability to be affected by gravity. The Spear is more of a spell that shoots directly form you and ends at 1200 ( maybe 1100), and the arrow, albeit a VERY small arc, still arcs so maybe it can travel the 50-100 extra “Whatevers” to the target.

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.