Dry Top - Lost Coins

Dry Top - Lost Coins

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So, I think this is a bug, so I’ll put it here. I don’t see another thread, but mod please merge if there is.

The Lost Coins that we collect in Dry Top for the associated achievement seem to be bugged in that if you are in the process of collecting one and are interrupted, the coin simply disappears. It is not counted as a coin collected, and does not respawn on the map. It is simply gone, which halts your ability to finish the achievement.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

^ Ran into this issue myself. I’m at 29/30 and I’ve been to each of the 30 coins (i marked + listed them to make sure i didn’t miss any).

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Dry Top - Lost Coins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m somewhere between 10 and 15 at the moment, but I know exactly which one I glitched on (interrupted myself and then it was just gone). I hadn’t considered it a big deal until someone pointed out that there are only 30 on the map.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

Next

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reports. The way these are set up, you should be able to leave the map and come back and the coins should be back. Please let me know if that is not the case and we will investigate further.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Dry Top - Lost Coins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Thank you Paul. I will check when I get home this evening.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Zanktus.9821

Zanktus.9821

That interupting bug happened to me yesterday. Leaving the map or relogging etc. does not help. The one coin is still missing and I walked to all coin places several times (+ guides)

Now I’m stuck at 29/30

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: ElementaryProsody.6217

ElementaryProsody.6217

I thought I was going to go crazy! I’ve collected all 30 coins (I’ve triple checked every spot) but only have credit for 29. I’ll try leaving and re-entering and checking again and post if this did or didn’t seem to fix the issue.

EDIT: Found the one I thought I was missing! It was the middle scaffold in the mining town.

I am the Majestic Beast in the Sky

(edited by ElementaryProsody.6217)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Previous

Paul Belz.7351

Hey guys,
I did some more digging and credit towards finding the coin should happen instantly upon interaction, not upon completion of the skill charge bar. This means that you should not have to worry about losing or missing credit for coins by being interrupted.

I know you guys are saying you’re going to all the locations and using guides but perhaps a few are being particularly evasive for you?

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

I’m stuck at 29/30. Gone through Dulfy’s video guide once and couldn’t find my missing 1. Guess I’ll go through it again in case I missed something.

edit:: FOUND IT!!!! Oh Inquest I knew you were evil, but hiding the last coin from me…. It just got personal. lol.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

(edited by Aerin Dark Water.6283)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So I did check, the coin that glitched for me isn’t there (second one along the wall up to the vista by the Sparring Rock PoI). I may have miscounted, but I’ll go through and find the rest and see if I can get my 30/30. Probably won’t be til this weekend though.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Pastry.4915

Pastry.4915

I have literally gone through using a guide to check all 30 locations. I did it with my guild as a group. I visited all 30 locations, there are no coins present at any location, and I am at 29/30.

Level 80 – One of Everything

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Facing the same issue. I’ve got 29 of 30 and have gone through the Dulfy guide 3 times and once through with my guild and nothing. I watched someone in my guild get at least 1 coin on each spot and I did not get my last one. Doing it a 4th time….

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Hi, I have the same issue. I followed dulfy’s guide and have backtracked every single one while comparing to dulfy’s video to reconfirm the coin location.

I’m stuck at 29/30.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Reelix.6319

Reelix.6319

I spent several hours wondering around once I had hit 29/30, gave up, and used Dulfy’s guide. I re-went to all 30 locations without any luck (Standing on the exact location in each of the 30 instances), as well as re-went to several of the frequently missed ones with Guild mates (Which the guide had already covered)

I’m still on 29 / 30. I have all Season 2 Story Achievements completed, and Dry Top Regional fully completed, aside from this one. I would also be happy if my coin progress was completely reset so that I could make a note of the missing one.

One of the coins was collected on an alt 80 who had not completed the Season 2 story, and I do play with +- 400ms ping at all times (Locational thing), so one of these factors may contribute to the bug.

(edited by Reelix.6319)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Did you guys get the one in the Inquest lab? That’s the one I missed from before. If you follow Dulfy’s video, it’s #30. When I did it the first time I didn’t realized I had to cross the quicksand river and go through that sun gate. My mistake was to go through the easier sun gate found nothing there.
So, make sure you get the details right if following the video.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Reelix.6319

Went into the inquest lab – Tried to go through the exit portal – Jumped up from the “coin” platform to a little gap at the top, got to the Legendary Llama a second time, ran around checking that area for 10 more minutes till I was kicked out since the event re-started (It was the last one in the video – I had nothing else to do)

If this hasn’t been fixed by Saturday, I’ll post screenshots of myself at all 30 locations to prove the coin is not there…

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: DippyDragon.3180

DippyDragon.3180

Yep – I have the same issue. 29/30 coins and following dulfy, I have been to every location 3 times now. Have done 15 screenshots – will do the rest tonight.

Update: Coming back into it after 24 hours. I started to get the rest of the screenshots. Coin 2 (dulfy) was there, where it should be.

TL;DR – If a coin is missing entering a different instance or re-entering seems to be the cure XD

~~ The Tarnished Coast ~~
[i7 6700 Skylake – 32Gb RAM – 240GB SSD – GTX970 – Corsair Water Cooling]

(edited by DippyDragon.3180)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

29/30, all locations visited multiple times.

Got interrupted on 2 coins.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reports. The way these are set up, you should be able to leave the map and come back and the coins should be back. Please let me know if that is not the case and we will investigate further.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Relogged, remapped, tried on 3 seperate days, still 29/30

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Avian.5180

Avian.5180

Hit 29/30 last night. Spent 3-4 hours using guides to check and double check and triple check and quadruple check all the coin spots and I’m still missing one. So no, I don’t think one is being “particularly evasive.”

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

Same for me – I’ve double checked against Dulfy and I am stuck at 29/30.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: yoyi.3469

yoyi.3469

im stuck at 29/30, and the coins still appearing, i take it but no achievment and still at 29/30.

Attachments:

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: yoyi.3469

yoyi.3469

finally found the coin that was missing but was very annoying to see many lost coins that i already have it.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: thedrumchannell.2405

thedrumchannell.2405

I’m going to pitch in and mention that I have visited all 30 locations 4 times each. The achievement is reading 29/30.

I submitted a bug report.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Got mine today, I entered Dry top on a new character and found a coin at position 11 in the Dulfy guide, even tho it wasnt there on my ranger the day before.

Make sure you are jumping to the right piece of scaffolding ^^

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: thedrumchannell.2405

thedrumchannell.2405

This morning, I visited all 30 locations a fifth time but on a second character.

Still no luck! 29/30 Lost Coins.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Illumine Sparkler.6019

Illumine Sparkler.6019

I got to 29/30 without any guides, gave up in the end and followed dulfy video guide 3 times and still couldn’t work out where my missing one was. turns out number 7 on the dulfy video guide is easy to miss

Leader of GOLD (Guardians Of Lost Deities)
Whiteside Ridge server
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Avian.5180

Avian.5180

Got mine today, I entered Dry top on a new character and found a coin at position 11 in the Dulfy guide, even tho it wasnt there on my ranger the day before.

Make sure you are jumping to the right piece of scaffolding ^^

This morning, I visited all 30 locations a fifth time but on a second character.

Still no luck! 29/30 Lost Coins.

Just did this myself and no luck, 29/30 still.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The interrupt bug is still active, happened to me about 15 min ago. I know the exact coin it was as well. Dropped down, started to pick up and was interrupted by a devourer. Coin disappeared and never got credit.

Edit – It’s coin 15 on Dulfy’s guide that didn’t count

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i got mine, it appeared at that spot, i know is that spot, magically.
maybe is because new instance? not sure.

done, finally.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Lady Celtaine.3760

Lady Celtaine.3760

I have been around every inch of Dry Top and am stuck at 28/30. It’s like those last 2 coins simply don’t exist.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Reelix.6319

A ha! Fixed!

Whilst going on my screenshot loop, I got the 30th coin.

To those experiencing the missing coin bug, do the following:

1.) Go to Lions Arch
2.) Close Guild Wars 2
2.b.) Wait a day (Optional – The instance has to “vanish”)
3.) Re-open, and re-log back into Guild Wars 2
4.) Go back to Dry Top
5.) Re-go to all 30 locations

The coin wont “refresh” if you simply log out in the region – You need to log out in a different region, then re-enter a different Dry Top to the one you originally entered (You can use the /ip command to find out which Dry Top you are entering)

Good luck to you all, and happy hunting

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

A little suggestion I’d like to see getting implemented, which will help players in this achievement here now for sure and also for all upcoming similar collection achievements that we might see in the future..

Why could you Anet not count up all of the collection items in the achievement screen and hide their “number” of the collection with a question mark, up uuntil the player has found a collection item.

Once you found one, then the achievement screen will show you, which actuall number of the collection you found with that item.
This way a player can easily check, which collection items of the maximum amount of collection items they have already found, and which numbers of the collection are still missing to complete the collection.

Example: I’m a fresh new player, which as not collected any coin yet, then you’d see in the fittign achievement panel to the Coin Collection the following thing.

30x ?, so

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
and so on …

Now I go on the search and find a coin and suddenly I could see, which number of the collection I just have found there.

?
?
?
?
?
ect. …

A very simple checking method for collections.
So if you run up all 30 places and you are dead sure, that you collected all 30 and the achievement panel still shows you then 1 ? left together with the Achievement showing you 29/30, then you as a player have at least instantly A CLUE, which coin exactly is missing and that makes it also easier for the devs to find a fix for the problem, when you could clearly see, which collection item number creates the problem…

PS. it also enables to compare the situation with other,s to see if everyone is missing the exactly same coin…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Dark Enforcer.5136

Dark Enforcer.5136

A quick solution to change servers is to guest on another server. This worked for me and I finally got my last coin. Good luck.

D
[HILI] Caffinated
If it smells of coffee, looks of coffee, but just blew up; blame it on us. :D

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Yvonio.9380

Yvonio.9380

I’ve had the same problem. I’ve checked all 30 places multiple times, and there are no coins anywhere. I know I’ve interrupted a certain coin, the one with the devourers right next to it. I’ve tried relogging, guesting, changing map, etcetera, but the coin is still not back. I’d really like to get the achievement, so a fix would be good!

EDIT: I fail, missed one just lying there, hiding in plain sight.

(edited by Yvonio.9380)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: thepalmtiger.3710

thepalmtiger.3710

I have the same issue as well. I would really like a get this achievement

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: boon.7965

boon.7965

I am also having this issue. I am opening a support ticket as I have taken screens of the 30 locations to show they are not there, however I also wanted to bump this topic just to ensure anyone else with this issue can find this topic easily.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Aerin Dark Water.6283

I am also having this issue. I am opening a support ticket as I have taken screens of the 30 locations to show they are not there, however I also wanted to bump this topic just to ensure anyone else with this issue can find this topic easily.

Don’t waste a ticket, it’ll take too long since it’s not a “urgent” case. Try to do what someone said a couple post above you. Move out of the map. guest to different server or wait a day to “reset”, go on a different character (can’t hurt), and try again. YOu’ll get there.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Reni.6497

Reni.6497

Pop this up. I had the same issue where when I was collecting the last coin while fighting skritts. I did not get credit for that one. The specific coin is #5 on dulfy. I checked my achivement panel before reaching out to that coin and was pretty sure I had 29/30. After that one it is still 29/30 and I revisited all coin locations with no luck.

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

I have the same problem, already bugged it
29/30 and I redid the tour of 30 coins, so 1 is bugged.

I did notice 1 that didn’t make the “sound” that you normally hear because I moved my character.

Oh and other maps don’t work, and waiting a day either

(edited by Fuin.8361)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Fuin.8361

Just did the tour again, still 29/30..
I hope i’m not the only one!

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I know several people who got 30/30 yesterday, after the most recent patches.

I know it’s tedious, but my recommendation is to revisit every coin location to make sure you got credit for it. Ideally, take a screen shot at each location. This does two things:

• It forces you to be systematic about both reaching the site and verifying it.
  • If it turns out there is a bug, the 30 screens can be sent to support, giving the QA team the type of evidence they need to troubleshoot.

Good luck!

edited: typo

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Fuin.8361

I know several people who got 30/30 yesterday, after the most recent patches.

I know it’s tedious, buy my recommendation is to revisit every coin location to make sure you got credit for it. Ideally, take a screen shot at each location. This does two things:

• It forces you to be systematic about both reaching the site and verifying it.
  • If it turns out there is a bug, the 30 screens can be sent to support, giving the QA team the type of evidence they need to troubleshoot.

Good luck!

Thanks.. I’ll do it one more time tomorrow

I just can’t stand unfinished achievements!

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Fuin.8361

I have the last one now, I think it re-appeared, because I’m quite sure it wasn’t there the previous days ( in the oasis, above the pool ). If it was I must have been blind… but I’m just happy now that I finished the achievement

Dry Top - Lost Coins

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I have the last one now, I think it re-appeared, because I’m quite sure it wasn’t there the previous days ( in the oasis, above the pool ). If it was I must have been blind… but I’m just happy now that I finished the achievement

Awesome — glad to hear.

BTW: it seems pretty common that people think they found all the shinies in a scavenger hunt, but then it turns out they missed one. That happened to me (and several folks I know) with Diving, a lot of people with the basic crystals during last year’s and this year’s Zephyrite fests, and last chapter’s coin chasing. That doesn’t mean that stuff doesn’t bug out sometimes, but if/when it happens to me, I’m going to assume user error first.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”