Dry Top - Shaman & Vine Bridge Events

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: xRemainNameless.3842

xRemainNameless.3842

Hey guys and gals!

This is xRemainNameless from the guild [DTOP]. We have been doing a lot of T6 maps recently and it seems like we are unsure if there are issues/bugs with the following events:

1. Protect the Maguuma Shaman as she casts a spell to cleanse the oasis
2. Drive the Mordrem away from the vine bridge planting area

If memory serves us correctly, these events use to spawn @ 15:00 and 20:00 after the hour, respectively. Our Uplands team consistently gives us reports that the two events don’t spawn anymore, even though they seem to remember them spawning occasionally in those time frames. The other times that they are supposed to spawn everything seems OK.

Can we get confirmation of which time(s) these events are supposed to spawn and if there are any special conditions required?

Thanks!

(edited by xRemainNameless.3842)

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I can confirm the unreliable spawn for those two events (Shaman at x:15 and Vine Bridge at x:20) at least since before Christmas.

I’ve generally attributed this to the previous round for those events either not finishing at all, or not finishing quickly enough (i.e. substantially later than 5 minutes after the event spawns). But in an organized T6 run, that seems unlikely…

xRemainNameless.3842

That’s the weird thing. We’re completing the events in the 5:00 timeframe before shaman with ample time left over. We usually wait 1 – 2 minutes at both the shaman and vine bridge events before they spawn.

Luckily this doesn’t prevent a T6 run, but we’re just trying to plan ahead for our organized runs

xRemainNameless.3842

Bump.

We’re going for 100% efficiency during our runs

xRemainNameless.3842

Just a heads up.

Sunday, Jan 25th we did another T6 run. This time Shaman spawned @ 15:00. The only thing that was different this time was the fact that Moa (Tootsie) finished about 5 minutes late. She did not spawn during her next scheduled time @ 15:00. If our guess is correct, we’re thinking that the 15:00 shaman and 20:00 vine bridge may or may not spawn based on how well the tiering process is going.

Would love some confirmation though

Thanks,
Nameless

Gudy.3607

The only thing that was different this time was the fact that Moa (Tootsie) finished about 5 minutes late. She did not spawn during her next scheduled time @ 15:00.

I find this intriguing.

Would love some confirmation though

I’ll probably be doing some Dry Top farming over the next two weeks to get the last two fossils and the remaining recipes, so I’ll keep an eye on those events.

xRemainNameless.3842

We typically run 2 hours of Dry Top in a row every week.
Here’s another update:

Friday, Jan 30th -
1st Hour & 2nd Hour: Vine Bridge and Shaman did not spawn @ 15:00 & 20:00 respectively.

Saturday, Jan 31st –
1st Hour: Shaman did spawn @ 15:00. This time, however, the map went very smoothly, with no bonuses lost and no late events. Vine Bridge did not spawn @ 20:00.
2nd Hour: Shaman and Vine Bridge did not spawn @ 15:00 & 20:00 respectively. The South Mine event failed @ 20:00.

As you can see, it’s very hard to come up with a theory about why or why not these 2 events spawn.

I sure would love a response… hint hint…

I mean… it’s not like you guys are busy with an expansion or something… :p

(edited by xRemainNameless.3842)

Posted by: Isis Gebnut.4609

Isis Gebnut.4609

Hi Everyone,

I normally run this area for DTOP and am very confused as to if these events are bugged or have situations in which they spawn or don’t. All other events during the hr go off with no problems, these two events don’t. They seem to be irregular. Please Anet let us know whats happening with these two events.

Thanks

Nolan Thane

Gudy.3607

More data:
1) During the weekend, I happened by the Oasis late during a sandstorm (about hh:55) and noticed that the Shaman event was active. Given that the event normally de-spawns 10 minutes after spawning, I found that rather odd.
2) Today, I had a run where the hh:00 Shaman and the hh:05 Vine Bridge were done well within five minutes of spawning. The hh:15 Shaman failed to spawn, the hh:20 Vine Bridge spawned just fine and was done in about 3 minutes. The hh:30 Shaman spawned again, but the hh:35 Vine Bridge failed to spawn. The map was well into T4 at this point and managed to barely make it to T5 about 30 seconds before the sandstorm started.

I think someone was trying to get the hh:15 Moa event done relatively late for that second run, but I have no idea whether it succeeded.

In short, it’s not just the hh:15 Shaman and hh:20 Vine Bridge events that are unreliable, the hh:30 and hh:35 events also seem to be affected.