Drytop and Silverwastes lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I get that my system isn’t ideal for playing guild wars, but I can do most zones well enough. However, the lag I experience in Dry Top and now Silverwastes makes the LS unplayable for me. Is this just me? Are you doing something different with these maps that would cause them to be so horrific? Even in the instanced content in them, they’re too laggy for me to do anything. I’ve tried Dry Top during non-peak hours and throughout the release cycles, and it doesn’t seem to be related to in-game traffic.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Agramahad.1458

Agramahad.1458

Ive got the same issue, as well as plenty of others i would think. Drytop and now Silverwastes have massive lag problems.

It’s like i’m playing a crappy stop motion animation game.

Ive got a new motherboard and processor that i purchased only a few months ago and a new install of windows 7. okay i might need a new graphics card soon enough but those things arnt the issue. I can play the game in every single other area with pretty much everything turned to maximum and have no problems.

I can join in a Teq fight with tons of enemies and even more players running around and again i have no problems.

Go to Drytop or Silverwastes with only a half dozen other players on screen and i’m not getting frames per second, its more like seconds per frame.

As it’s ONLY in these new areas its obviously not an issue with my pc or my internet connection. It’s an issue with these areas.

My response in-game to this is simple. Ive made yet another copy and paste bug report and send it every single time I experience this problem when i go to Drytop or Silverwastes. As i get this issue every single time i enter these areas I am now sending these bug reports several times a day.

I did the same thing when i was suffering an annoying trading post bug. That problem was finally fixed….. Okay it took them several months to actually get round to fixing it but it was fixed in the end. I can only hope it doesnt take that long to sort the problem out in these areas. But if we’re both honest it more than likely will.

Personally I’d rather pay for expansions that have been extensively tested rather than numerous small additions every few weeks/months that are riddled with bugs. But that isnt going to happen.

All we can do is hope for the best.

All Anet can do is try and fix these problems before people like us, who have these issues, decide the game isnt worth it anymore and quit playing.

(edited by Agramahad.1458)

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It’s good to know I’m not the only one experiencing this weird occurrence of lag in these two zones. I’ve seen it mentioned in passing, as well. I suppose I’ll submit at least one bug report about the lag, as it is impeding my progress in the living story.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Sister Xing.9072

Sister Xing.9072

how did this get buried? I have been having these issues non stop. I know it’s not my computer, CPU or graphics card. I experience a 1 to 2 second FPS lag in everything I do. even the menus and inventory. It’s not the jumpy lag I experience from my internet either. Smooth 1 to 2 second delays on everything I do… This happens to me no where else in the game… not even in massive zerg fights in WvW. Whats up with that…?

Lalaith Nimdae (Nim), Level 80 Ranger
Sactum of Rall
Guild Wars community member since Aug 2006

(edited by Sister Xing.9072)

Sister Xing.9072

Please can someone explain this? D= I can never get anymore than 10 FPS in SW.

EDIT: Except when I go underground during Breach and my CPU Spikes (second pic)

Attachments:

Sactum of Rall

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@Sister Xing: what did Customer Service say in response to your support ticket? They are often good about helping people troubleshoot, depending on the root cause.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Sister Xing.9072

Well, to be perfectly honest I hadn’t submitted one yet. Figured I’d pester those on the forums about it first and see if there was a common or easy fix. Quite a few people I talk to also have this issue and some avoid the two maps entirely. I’ll send in a ticket now though, if no one here has an answer

EDIT: Sent the ticket in. “Note: We are receiving a high volume of tickets at this time, but we will get to your ticket as quickly as possible. Please do not submit extra tickets, as this will slow down our response time. Thanks for your patience!”
Hopefully I’ll hear back soon

Sactum of Rall

Posted by: Lunaria.1543

Lunaria.1543

I’m just gonna post my issues aswell here, my GPU usage is 99% as it should be because my CPU is Core i5 and is pretty good for the game, but in every other area I have decent frames however in Silverwastes, oh man if Im looking at the main place where the whole map is my fps just gets demolished, but if I look away from it it’s fine. Screenshots explain everything. I know my card isn’t the best but this is just rediculous, cant you guys at ArenaNet make it so that everything that is not shown on the screen is not rendered so it doesn’t drop so many frames?

Attachments:

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Figured I’d pester those on the forums about it first and see if there was a common or easy fix. Quite a few people I talk to also have this issue and some avoid the two maps entirely. I’ll send in a ticket now though, if no one here has an answer

Latency issues do not usually involve an easy fix, especially if it’s just one site or game that is affected. Even if it’s one zone or two in this game, it’s not always a game issue. (Imagine your connection is on the verge of getting borked, then you won’t notice in most zones, but you will in instances that have a lot of players and effects.)

Every so often, it turns out there’s an issue with some ANet hardware or virtualware, but ANet can’t usually tell until they get specific reports. That’s why sending in a ticket is important and why it helps to also use the in-game bug reporting tool (/bug) — that helps ANet collect the specific data they need to troubleshoot.

Similarly, if there’s an issue with one or more ISPs between your computer and their servers, the specifics help ANet “negotiate” with the providers.

I’m glad you started a ticket and hope you get some advice to help reduce your latency soon. Good luck (and thanks for keeping us posted).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”