Dungeons are lagging very badly

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

Since this afternoon I’ve been getting terrible lags in dungeon, I wil move forward then suddenly Im back to the same spot then suddenly Im somewhere else, it also often freeze frame for 4 secs before everything is fast forwarded again, bascially its almost impossible to play porplerly, I had this experience in AC all 3 paths and Arah path 3, PvE seem to b playable, although sudden lag spike also happens.

I do not hav firewall, and my antivirus is the same one i hav been using since release, so I don think those are the causes, I also tested my DSL speed, which is at abt 5mb download and 500-1mb upload, tried to download a movie after dungeon, and was able to get 150kb/s, so I don think my internet is the issue here either, which gona lead me to believe its a problem at the server, if it is plz can u fix this soon?

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

There’s just been a massive patch, including a whole new dungeon that’s currently filled to the brim with excited people that try it out. It’s only natural for the servers to be a little shaky at this point, I suppose.

MibuGenjuro.2365

the funny thing is that 3 other members did not lag at all, so I kind of wonder does the server lag only affect certain accounts and not others?

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

the funny thing is that 3 other members did not lag at all, so I kind of wonder does the server lag only affect certain accounts and not others?

/confirmed

I don’t normally lag, and from the tests I can do on my part, my connection seems fine otherwise (optical fibre 100 mbit).

I’ve experienced freeze lags of +10 seconds, and major rubberbanding, yet others in the group have had no issues.

I’ve seen this happen in dungeons as well as spvp.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

OGDeadHead.8326

Still major lagging issues all over the place, not just in dungeons. Anyway for us to check the ping to your servers?

MibuGenjuro.2365

Yeah this morning PvE was fine, logged in now and PvE is almost unplayable, would anet at least comment on this issue? I mean there has been server issues since launch, I thought anet should hav fixed the issue by now, but it seem to not b the case.

Seriously, Lost shore massive new contents plus free trial all in the same weekend? what are ur guys thinking? I care little abt the new content atm, I jus want the game to b playable first.

MibuGenjuro.2365

What really upsets me is that not everyone is lagging, I hav a friend who use the same ISP and he does not lag at all, does that mean certain accounts are choosen to be lagged while others are more fortunate? Why must I lag when we all bought the game equally? and there aint even any official response so far, this is really disappointing.

OGDeadHead.8326

Checking connections on gw2.exe in resource monitor, it seems this isn’t an issue with ping, since as far as I have been able to see, ping is rather stable.

The lag I’m experiencing can sometimes manifest itself like freeze-lag for more than 20 seconds when I can run around, but mobs and everything around me are frozen.

Attachments:

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

The whole of southsun cove is unplayable for me. i go about 1 minute, all my skills stop working, it doesnt even D/C. I then get killed by something that’s half way across the map, because apparantly that’s where I am. I can’t rez at a waypoint so i have to log in and out again and spend silver to rez yet again

OGDeadHead.8326

Please throw us a bone here on how to troubleshoot this issue – it’s next to unplayable in many zones right now for some of us

MibuGenjuro.2365

Jus came back and guess wat, everything stil lags, and there aint even any response to our issue, I don expect to get a fix now but at least let us know u looking into it, is it jus becuz only a small number of ppl are lagging, therefore its not gona b in ur top to-do list? As far as Im concerned everyone who paid should hav equal right to play this game.