Duping Precursors?

Duping Precursors?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Few hours ago Dusk, Dawn, and Spark pre order was so low nearly half of its price. Now they going back up in price for some reason. Please look into it, someone might mass produced or duped them and sell them at highest buyers to sell them fast.

Edit: The Legend, The Hunter too.

R.I.P Kumu <3

(edited by Flash.6912)

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Pre order prices for The Hunter seems suspicious also.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Not duping. Theres like 5 people that have about 400k gold of combined funds and they have been raising the prices of precursors since Queens gauntlet. My friend knows them

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

are you saying that they know some insider info and now they want to sell it fast?

R.I.P Kumu <3

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Not duping. Theres like 5 people that have about 400k gold of combined funds and they have been raising the prices of precursors since Queens gauntlet. My friend knows them

I believe the thread is not about the Sell Order Listings going higher in price, it was of the Buy Order Listings dropping in volume and price over night, as if a mess of them had suddenly been filled.

Over night, Buy orders dropped in volume on many precursors, Dusk went from 755g down to 475g, as if someone just sold a whole mess of Dusk to the highest Buy Orders to get the gold for them while they could. The OP was making the supposition that someone seemed to have come into a large supply of Dusk (and other precursors), possibly via some duplication method, and was selling them off as quick as they could to Buy Orders to cash in on them.

Dusk
Dawn
Spark
The Legend
The Hunter
View by 1 Day Zoom (occurred late October 12th to early on the 13th)

At the exact same time all Buy Orders dropped in volume and amount.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

I have to ask then the obvious question: Why on earth do they need that much gold? 400k really??? That’s just overkill to the extreme. There is absolutely no need in the game for that much gold. Especially when they are only using it to exploit and control the trading post market for….well just about everything of value, and making the cost of stuff for everyone else who plays the game normally far higher than it needs to be.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Not seeing anything here like a bug.

Just people grumpy that other players with gold might actually (shudder) try using it.

@ Fallout: A lack of specific need does not preclude a desire or want. It also does not preclude envy from causing people to say “Hey, they shouldn’t have that wealth”, without anything to justify the statement.
@ Stein: Could this be a bunch of different people threw a bunch of stuff into the mystic forge over a day or two and got stuff out worth selling? If you’ve watched the RNG any I’d doubt this would surprise you.

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

@ Stein: Could this be a bunch of different people threw a bunch of stuff into the mystic forge over a day or two and got stuff out worth selling? If you’ve watched the RNG any I’d doubt this would surprise you.

Possible but the thing that made it weird is that all orders for around 360g to a bit over 500g were filled. On the other hand all orders were just 1 at each price. That was for Spark, only reason I know is because I put in an order 2/3 days ago(wasn’t expecting it to be filled until the precursor crafting was released). Could be someone playing it safe and just getting a little less gold sooner rather than waiting around for more 500g orders.

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Szarazar.7162

Szarazar.7162

Maybe some Robin-Hood thingy… Buying the expensive and throwing them out to the poor.

Fènryl Yávem | Sylvari | Ranger

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I thought that this was the current method of the RMT freaks to deliver the “any legendary any time” that gw2wallmart bots advertise in LA. something to do with they can’t just mail the items for fear of bans all around, so you’re told to put in a specific buy order, and the RMT bot fills that order specifically.

I could be wrong. Only other thing that comes to mind is manipulation of the market by the few in-game people who control most of the gold.

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I thought that this was the current method of the RMT freaks to deliver the “any legendary any time” that gw2wallmart bots advertise in LA. something to do with they can’t just mail the items for fear of bans all around, so you’re told to put in a specific buy order, and the RMT bot fills that order specifically.

I could be wrong. Only other thing that comes to mind is manipulation of the market by the few in-game people who control most of the gold.

The person would have to be the highest custom offer if they did it this way. If you list something lower than the highest custom offer, it sells it to the highest custom offer.

Duping Precursors?

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Maybe it was Anet trying to drive the prices back down on precursors since jerks like your “friends” are driving the prices of them up simply to laugh at those of us who are trying to get enough gold to buy them… This would make sense because Anet can’t simply drop more since your friends will, legally, snatch those up from people that sell them and drive the prices up more.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80