Dye colors keep resetting.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Avaruu.5408

Avaruu.5408

Hi, I made a new alt recently and in the character creation, I gave his armor a mix of blue and white dyes. As far as I remember, normally equipping a new piece of armor would make the armor inherit the dye scheme of the previous piece. But when I equip new armor on him, it all defaults to a “Dye Remover” brownish color.

I don’t know if it happens on my 80s because they don’t exactly get new armor, but it seems a little too strange to be intentional.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

New items don’t keep the previous armors dyes, for the most part. You will need to dye each piece equipped, again.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Yeah the fact that it kept the dye was a bug. You always have to dye new pieces of armor.

Posted by: Avaruu.5408

Avaruu.5408

That’s… interesting. But good to know. Thanks!

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I think it mostly has to do with the fact that there are various types of armor that have a different number of dye slots. Some have just 1 while others have up to 4. Instead of the game guessing how you want your dye placement when you’re new armor has more or less slots than the previous one, it just resets.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yeah the fact that it kept the dye was a bug. You always have to dye new pieces of armor.

Huh? You sure? From what I recall it does keep the dye, except if an armor has a dye channel that was never tinted. Even the preview window uses your current dyes.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Huh? You sure? From what I recall it does keep the dye, except if an armor has a dye channel that was never tinted. Even the preview window uses your current dyes.

It used to (hence bigharsh saying it WAS a bug). Now, the dyes are reset when you equip a new piece, even if that piece is the same skin. The preview window is different and hasn’t changed in that aspect.

shadow.6174

It used to (hence bigharsh saying it WAS a bug). Now, the dyes are reset when you equip a new piece, even if that piece is the same skin. The preview window is different and hasn’t changed in that aspect.

Oh? I didn’t notice that. Actually I didn’t see the previous behavior as a bug and if this is an intended change once again it was a bad one :S What was wrong with keeping the previous dye? O.o

shadow.6174

Nevermind, I see what the issue in it lol. Maybe I was just used with the old behavior but now I stopped to think about I see it’s good that each gear keep its colors. However, I think it could be useful if a fresh new gear could “copy” your current dyes when worn for the first time.