Dynamic Leveling - loot NOT scaling

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RayKoke.1638

RayKoke.1638

“Dynamic Leveling — Loot Scaling

" Attribute calculations for dynamic level scaling have been rebalanced. In general, this means weaker when adjusted down, stronger when adjusted up. Rewards when adjusted down have been increased to compensate. It is now possible to receive your own level of loot from any level of enemy."

I am NOT finding this to be true. I am in the Plains of Ashford today with a level 80 character. Loot is as expected for crafting (level 1) drops but other items have been predominately level 6.

Yesterday, I was in Gendarran Fields with the same level character. Loot drop was compatible with the area level (25-35) NOT my character level.

BTW: This tune has + 67% magic find.

I also agree that it is very easy to kill these low level enemies.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

There’s a random chance that it will drop high level loot instead of the standard loot. It’s not 100%.

Posted by: MacLeod.5386

MacLeod.5386

There’s a random chance that it will drop high level loot instead of the standard loot. It’s not 100%.

I understand it’s not 100%, but it has become very, very bad for myself and a few of my guildies since the patch.

So bad that we have cut our play time from hours each night to around an hour last night and probably less tonight if the loot drops start out the same again.

If Anet is going to scale loot, armor, weapons, damage to the area then they should also scale the kitten repair costs too.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

I haven’t noticed a change at all. I rarely got level appropriate loot prior to the patch and it’s pretty much the same now.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: RayKoke.1638

RayKoke.1638

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply, and clarification Jeff. However, even with a +67% magic find, I believe the drop rate for character “levelish” loot was considerably less than 10%. Moreover I cannot remember getting anything in the 70 – 80 level that was not white.

Perhaps completely tangential but not totally irrelevant to this discussion is the fact that when I play in lower level areas I still pay a way point (wp) charge for a level 80 if and when I travel/ need to resurrect.

I also pay for armor repairs as a level 80; heart completion rewards are miniscule. And the finally reward for completion of the Plains of Ashford was ten (10) silver!

It was fun to play – but it was a money loser.

(edited by RayKoke.1638)