ELE switching attunement auto attacking

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nashiem.8932

Nashiem.8932

My ele has been having this problem lately and it sucks. When I switch attunement he auto attacks the closest enemy. Its a problem please fix

Posted by: Elmin.1854

Elmin.1854

same problem here…

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

This! 1000 times over. I REALLY hate this mechanic. Every time I switch to a new attunement, ANY mob that is close, whether or not it is neutral gets attacked.

For example in Orr, if I need to run past some mobs that I KNOW will attack me from range I’ll start in Earth Attunement, throw up my reflective shield and then instantly switch to Air and hit my run speed and quickly move through the area in hopes of NOT getting into combat.

Often times this does not work because the moment I switch over to Air Attunement a bolt of lightning shoots out and attacks something, instantly putting me into combat.

Extremely annoying. Please make it stop.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Switch off auto-targeting in the options menu to get rid of this problem.

Posted by: Elmin.1854

Elmin.1854

this is a method to AVOID problem, not to SOLVE it..
thanks BTW

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

This problem is old as the game itself (turning off the autotergetting is a way, but has it´s downsides, f.e. try to manually target mobs in events/dungeons over and over, this will take a huge portion of fun from the game Also if you have something targetted, it will still autoattack if you switch to Air attunement – I think that only this switch is bugged, along with some abilities like arcane wave, and if I´m not mistaken even the Thief traps )
These kind of bugs should be fixed a long time ago, I still wonder how it is possible that these still persists

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: MilConDoin.3420

MilConDoin.3420

Remember:
- Air 15 (Strike your target with a bolt of lightning when attuning to air.)
- Fire 15 (Inflict damage at your location when you attune to fire.)
- Earth 15 (Damage foes and cripple them for 3 seconds when attuning to earth.)

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

That doesn’t work—————the AI "apparently believes that ANYTHING that moves inside engagement range is a “target”. The “nice” thing about this is that it’s only in effect IF the character has a “ranged” weapon “active”. If my ele is using daggers, then “no problem”!! But, with a staff or a scepter, then it’s “Katie bar the door”

undouble.1472

Remember:
- Air 15 (Strike your target with a bolt of lightning when attuning to air.)
- Fire 15 (Inflict damage at your location when you attune to fire.)
- Earth 15 (Damage foes and cripple them for 3 seconds when attuning to earth.)

That’s true———-but the bug is NOT in “changing attunments” (although that IS a cause for these “attacks”), but in the AI’s categorizing of "everything that’s not ‘green’ is a TARGET when the character has a RANGED weapon “in hand” (active).

undouble.1472

This problem is old as the game itself (turning off the autotergetting is a way, but has it´s downsides, f.e. try to manually target mobs in events/dungeons over and over, this will take a huge portion of fun from the game Also if you have something targetted, it will still autoattack if you switch to Air attunement – I think that only this switch is bugged, along with some abilities like arcane wave, and if I´m not mistaken even the Thief traps )
These kind of bugs should be fixed a long time ago, I still wonder how it is possible that these still persists

Because, in designing GW2, ANET decided to “re-invent the wheel” from the ground up. This “problem” doesn’t seem to exist in GW1 (of course, MANY of the problems (bugs) in GW2 were already fixed in GW1). At this point, I’m beginning to believe that ANET is the epitomy of the definition of insanity:

— “When one tries the SAME process/procedure/action multiple times expecting a different result”—