Eagle Eye allows much further range than 1500

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: HARDOFREADING.7298

HARDOFREADING.7298

Why does “Eagle Eye” allow Long Range Shot to have 5k range instead of 1500? It’s way too easily exploited. 1500 is 1500. Not 1501 or 5k.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Most of ranged attacks hit further than their range.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Most of ranged attacks hit further than their range.

Yeah .. noticed that whe Frostgorge had the “no respawn / no golems at Jormag” Bug and when we killed him from a spot right below him. Auto-attack with bow on warrior was not working because too far away .. but spamming #1 did damage.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

The issue he’s reporting isn’t the usual small extra range you can get when spamming vs auto-attacking. You cannot spam Long Range Shot to 5000. Funny…the OP’s username is HARDOFREADING.

However, I certainly don’t get 5000 range when I’m traited with EE. I get what looks to be what I expect, which is 1500 with auto-attacks, and the usual bit extra when spamming.

OP…under what circumstances do you see this massive range increase when using EE?

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Can you make a screen shot?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The issue he’s reporting isn’t the usual small extra range you can get when spamming vs auto-attacking. You cannot spam Long Range Shot to 5000. Funny…the OP’s username is HARDOFREADING.

However, I certainly don’t get 5000 range when I’m traited with EE. I get what looks to be what I expect, which is 1500 with auto-attacks, and the usual bit extra when spamming.

OP…under what circumstances do you see this massive range increase when using EE?

Did you really expect it to be something else than a hyperbole?

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Did you really expect it to be something else than a hyperbole?

Weird, inconsistent bugs do occur in this game….

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This should be the ‘cushion’ given to ranged attack projectiles that are ‘typically’ allowed to go farther than ‘max range’. This is intended.

Some don’t follow this, like pistol attacks. But bows are able to easily. I know a dev mentioned this way back, and I want to say the cushion is +/-15% but I do not remember the actual amount. Reason stated there was wanting to do that due to tracking and lag that one person may have and another may not. This gives a side effect that if they are outside of your attack range and then move into range, your attack can still say ‘out of range’, but I digress from original point.

5k would be a serious bug… going a bit beyond 1500 would not.