Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bivrington.5931

Bivrington.5931

I am unable to interact with the Pipe Organ in Ebonhawke.

Used it once, did not enter correct sequence to open door, came back later to try again and I cannot interact with it anymore.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: StygSec.7163

StygSec.7163

I’d like to report that the sequence 5-6-5-4-9-1-8-3-5-5 for the Ebonhawke Pipe Organ does not work at all.

I’m on the Tarnish Coast shard.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: StygSec.7163

StygSec.7163

Basically once you get to the hidden pipe organ you can play the song, but once you complete the right song the doors remain shut and won’t open.

I would like this chest that I keep hearing about. Is this also aimed for the Lost Island content patch? =D

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: barrakudah.2103

barrakudah.2103

I am also unable to complete this using 5-6-5-4-9-1-8-3-5-5-6-5-4-9-1-8-3. The tones also play much slower than the tip shows. The tip shows a cooldown of 1/2 yet plays for at least 1 to 1 1/2 maybe even 2.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: barrakudah.2103

barrakudah.2103

After closing the game and logging back in I am unable to interact witht he organ at all.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

Ebonhawke Pipeorgan is totally busted. I’ve just discovered it for the first time (never found it on any prior toon) and couldn’t interact with it.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Came here and found that this bug has been reported—a month ago!!!!
It still is not working.
How about a dev speak up on this? Why hasn’t it ben fixed??

(edited by Blude.6812)

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Lemonader.6482

Lemonader.6482

I don’t know if it’s supposed to happen, but the pipe organ in Stronghold of Ebonhawke doesn’t work.

What I mean is that I can’t even interact with it. Is something wrong?

Excelsior.
Fort Aspenwood.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

wait 24 hours and try again.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I am on yaks bend, 1st time I have ever been to this organ and you cannot interact with it.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

I thought there was kind of an unlisted reset period (of 10 or maybe 30 minutes) from the last time any person uses the organ, including people that have left the vicinity before you got there.

It kind of makes sense for the purposes of programming the door’s operation, since it’s a non-static obstacle which anyone can pass once the puzzle has been solved. The door then closes after a period of time for everyone.

I can’t say for certain, but what you’re describing might be related to that reset period. Also, though, I’ve noticed on this particular organ that the bench gets in the way, and you have to jump on it or walk around before you’re close enough to use the organ (also only one person may use it at a time).

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Cid.7542

Cid.7542

Another month gone and still cannot interact with it =/

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Griefer of Death.3859

Griefer of Death.3859

Server: North America Maguuma

Bug: Pipe Organ loses interact option and yellow Pipe Organ text label disappears.

Replication: Activating the Choir Bell or Unbreakable Choir bell while using the Pipe Organ removes the Pipe Organ interface and removes the immobilization condition from the player.

Notes: I was trying to find a way to open the right door, switching between my unbreakable choir bell and organ because the organ plays so slow and I found out it broke the Pipe Organ. I was quite saddened by this and hoped it would be reset by 7:00 or after 24 hours and it had not. When the Flame and Frost prelude patch came out it was working again so I can only assume the servers were rest, therefore resetting the Pipe Organ’s status.

(I think the Pipe Organ thinks it’s still being used because it’s program is not being terminated properly upon using the Choir Bell.)
I tried to play out some different songs on the organ and I switched to my unbreakable choir bell again and it broke the Pipe Organ again.

Suggestion: I’ve seen early YouTube videos of the Organ and it played the notes really quickly like the choir bell and now they take forever to play. Could you possibly make the notes either half of what they are now or add a charge bar to the notes so you can play a note for like 1 – 5 seconds?

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Yumiya.3951

Yumiya.3951

That thing breaks down all the time. Last time I could still interact with it (it doesn’t do anything at all right now) it did the really long notes rather than letting the player choose how long the notes should last.

Really such a pity, I figured out a boatload of songs to play, but the underwater organ doesn’t sound as nice as Ebonhawke’s. Hope it’s fixed soon.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

Aaaand it still doesn’t work. Sounds like this is going to remain broken forever. =/

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

We’re aware of and investigating this issue, but we don’t have an ETA on a fix yet. Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

Awesome, you’re a king. Pun intended.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Hecksa.7140

Hecksa.7140

I’d really appreciate this one being fixed soonish, as I want to use this organ in another one of my videos .

Using the underwater one forces me to deal with that horrible underwater bubbling sound effect, which isn’t fun.

Alternatively, you could just make the actual sound effects for the ingame instruments available – that’d save me an awful headache.

Not Matter (Mesmer) – [RG]

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Ninjames.2798

Ninjames.2798

I’m encountering this same problem, 3 months after the last post! I found the organ by complete accident trying to get to the vista, played a few notes on it, googled it and found out about the chest and whatnot, and now when I go back to it I can’t interact with it at all!

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The pipe organ was working for me a few nights ago when I came across it (played the tune and got the chest too), but I haven’t re-visited it since. I’m on Tarnished Coast.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: ChronoDragonX.4356

ChronoDragonX.4356

I tried it for the first time today and it is not working; its not showing any interactivity. I’m on Dragonbrand.

Any progress on solving this bug?

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Well, they both work—————————-slowly, VERRY slowly——————-and it may take multiple attempts to “get it right”. These organs require an “exquisite” level of timing—no gaps between notes—————at all!!!!

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Still not working, 9 months later. I think it should be closed off until they fix it.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Venorah.5460

Venorah.5460

It’s still not working, the game client decided it wanted to crash right in the middle of my second attempt (baring in mind i didn’t play it right the first time round), and came back online and i can’t even interact with it unfortunately.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Old Roy.5924

Old Roy.5924

It’s still not working, the game client decided it wanted to crash right in the middle of my second attempt (baring in mind i didn’t play it right the first time round), and came back online and i can’t even interact with it unfortunately.

Well, I am new to the game, just found this while reading the story books (The Founding, parts 1-20) and tried the 5-6-5-4-9-1-8-3-5 sequence – entering it TWICE in a row, and it opened the door on the left for a chest. Plus it played a nice tune.

Usually playing GW2-64 under WINE on Linux Mint 17.3 – and lovin’ it.

(edited by Old Roy.5924)

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Well, I am new to the game, just found this while reading the story books (The Founding, parts 1-20) and tried the 5-6-5-4-9-1-8-3-5 sequence – entering it TWICE in a row, and it opened the door on the left for a chest. Plus it played a nice tune.

The post you quoted was made two years ago.

Ebonhawke Pipe Organ

Posted by: Old Roy.5924

Old Roy.5924

The post you quoted was made two years ago.

Indeed it is! You will also note that the last posts were about how it did not work. I came here via a search (as others may), so for posterity, I added that it does work.

I did see once that I could not interact with the pipe organ (it’s name disappeared, etc), so that’s why I searched and found this. God forbid another new player do the same. For me, it was because another player had just interacted with it, and apparently there is a “cool down” or something. I simply waited and the name / interaction came back.

Usually playing GW2-64 under WINE on Linux Mint 17.3 – and lovin’ it.