Edited Guild Emblem and now after a relog unable to see the guild or chat to anyone!

Edited Guild Emblem and now after a relog unable to see the guild or chat to anyone!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Honvik.8716

Honvik.8716

I’m posting this here and also under bugs. I edited my guilds emblem yesterday and logged out. On my relog I can only see myself in the guild panel even tho I am representing the guild and Leader of it. It shows 1/1 but it does show the new guild emblem. I also cannot /tell anyone in-game. I can do activities in-game it seems my whole account is in ‘limbo’

Char name – Giok
Server – Gandara EU
Guild – Element Zero

Can anyone help? hard to lead a guild if your not even in it!

Posted by: Mizzrym.1326

Mizzrym.1326

Same things happened to my partner, 3 days in a row just past 5pm he can no longer send / receive whispers, see guild / party char or join / leave partys and can only see himself listed as being in the guild.

He is also leader of his small guild. Fixes its self temporarily after 1 in the morning until 5 again :S Very weird.

Posted by: Mystique.6793

Mystique.6793

Yes Mizzrym is talking about me. =( I’ve had this happen everyday since the latest patch. It sucks because I can’t do anything with my friends or guild, I can’t even chat. =(At least I know I’m not alone :P)

Honvik.8716

yay more people with problems! Need some help come on ArenaNet!

Mystique.6793

Ok so it briefly fixed at midnight UK time for me and then it’s gone broken again. Seriously can arena net please respond to this thread or my support ticket. =( Its blocking me from doing any of the usual things I log on to GW2 to do. =(

Mizzrym.1326

Just gone 5pm whispers stopped working, party / guild chat vanished, contacts all showing as offline again. This is 4 days in a row now.

Still no reply from support.

Honvik.8716

Same happened for me buddy. Fixed at 12am. Was working breifly then died…… Still unable to whisper etc.

Very annoying and nothing from Support either or via Twitter.

Mizzrym.1326

So we have to ask what process does arena net run around 5pm BST which causes this issue

Mizzrym.1326

In case any dev reads this, logged in on my partners computer and it still dosent work. But my partner can log on using either computer and everything works fine.

Mystique.6793

I can confirm this, as I’m the partner having the issue. :P The same happened with me Honvik. It worked briefly at 12am then broke again. It started working at 12am again last night and lasted until I went to bed at about 1am.
Such an odd bug.

Mizzrym.1326

Bug is still happening and supports response after 5 days was thanks for reporting this bug, seeing as its a game breaking bug which is still occurring can we get an eta on a fix for this at least!

Honvik.8716

Just a small heads up. Support still unable to fix me and recommended reporting the bug. Clearly this isnt the best option to carry on playing with a gamebreaking issue like this. I’m convinced now it has a link to data in the database and server load since its ok at 1am GMT until 6am GMT then breaks, then refixes occasioanlly mid afternoon. Broke again at 5pm on the dot!

Mystique.6793

Just a small heads up. Support still unable to fix me and recommended reporting the bug. Clearly this isnt the best option to carry on playing with a gamebreaking issue like this. I’m convinced now it has a link to data in the database and server load since its ok at 1am GMT until 6am GMT then breaks, then refixes occasioanlly mid afternoon. Broke again at 5pm on the dot!

Same with me. The reply was utter pointless. I had already reported the issue in-game and this is an extremely game-breaking issue.

I just had the bug occur during an explorable dungeon run and we tried to finish the dungeon by me talking through /say before it would kick me from the dungeon. We get the final boss to about 20% and I get kicked out of the dungeon and receive no tokens or anything. A complete waste of a dungeon run.

Honvik.8716

Ok mate,

Question for you.

A) What ISP/Country are you in
B) Standard Router provided by ISP or named brand?
C) Guild Leader?

Just pondering what else it can be. Seems to happen peak times! but its odd that /tells dont work either.

Mizzrym.1326

Still happening and its defiantly nothing to do with my partners computer. I can log in on either machine and everything works fine. But he trys to login on either computer and either cant login at all or logs in after a long time but cant send / receive whispers, see guild party chat, join / leave partys etc etc etc.

Always happens around 5pm BST, so my guess would be a batch job / process which runs around this time which causes this bug.

Honvik.8716

Sounds like it. Shame ArenaNet wont respond to confirm this issue!

Mizzrym.1326

Take if you also have had no luck with responses from support?

Honvik.8716

Nope nothing Mate,

Support just say to rezone and move areas. It doesnt fix it. They told me to bug report it which I have and still after a week no joy. It does fix itself occasioanlly offpeak times but breaks again peak times.

Problem is the lack of response from ArenaNet is conserning and lack of GM assistance is also worrying.

Mizzrym.1326

Fixes just past midnight(BST) for my partner, but thats 7 hours of prime time play which is impossible pretty much!

Mizzrym.1326

17:04 BST and the bug strikes again. Support dosent listen to the fact that someone else can login using this computer and have no issues.

Computer 1 Computer 2 Computer 3
Person 1 No Bugs No Bugs No Bugs
Person 2 Bugs Bugs Bugs

So 3 different computers person 1 always gets the bug at 17:00 BST approx while person 2 has no issues.

Honvik.8716

Still have this issue. Still not fixed

Honvik.8716

I’m gonna have to Youtube this bug to show it in that sort of detail I think. Otherwise I get the impression ArenaNet are not bothered about these sort of issues.