Ele: Cleansing Fire Trait DOES NOT WORK!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dragons Breath.3761

Dragons Breath.3761

Hi there.
I watched the forums a couple of times here and there and I am surprised that no one posted yet this bug. Anet promised some new traits for elementalist which can go to fire while still having some removing conditions like the cleansing fire trait which can trigger after you have 3 condition damage on you and that will clear those conditions while burning the enemies around you with 40 second cooldown.
Thing is IT DOES NOT WORK. Yes it sais what it does the Fire Trait VIII but I never saw an automatic cleansing fire not even if I had 3 or 4 or 5 conditions on me in pvp or in dungeons or in the world. I don’t recall any cleansing fire animation ever since the new update and I relied on that skill.
I don’t know if it a bug or made for purpose like a good joke, but for now I chose to believe that it’s a bug and later we’ll see. I really hope that the developers will look into that trait and fix it very soon. I am wondering that no one found out this bug since now and no one posted on the forums, or I haven’t found it. Because it is almost a week ago since the new traits are up and since I never saw any complaint about this issue than I thought I have to post is. And please let me know if any of you have the same problems and if the developers are aim to fix this bug.
Thank you

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

This trait is working functionally on live if I am correct. What is the issue you are having? Where are you using the trait? What other traits do you have equipped when testing this? How are you being applied conditions when this trait is not proccing for you?

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I believe that the trait is working correctly, except that it does not display the visual effect. I do believe I have seen myself getting stripped of 3 conditions at once at the same time as multiple adjacent enemies receiving a small amount of damage. What I do not believe I have seen is the animation of a burst of flame at that time.

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I believe he is right. I also have this trait equipped and I did not see the effect one time during my play, even if my boons were removed. It might be worth looking into. As long as it fires, it’s fine, but I’d like to know when it triggers!

Dragons Breath.3761

Well if that trait is working functionally than it seems only for me isn’t working. After I saw that it was posted that the trait functions great, I was in PVP to test it out and I watched it from a mesmer just giving me conditions and it went even to 4 condition.
From a Necromancer I saw on me 7 conditions at me and that was the 1st one I was fighting and I died faster than ever… My traits now are 30 fire, 20 air, 10 water and 10 arcana. Fire has VI, VIII, XII; Air has V, VI; Water has VI and Arcana has V, I am using staff. I do not know but I never saw the conditions cured on me. Eighter it doesn’t cure the conditions at all OR the necromancers and mesmers have like 10 conditions pretty much at the same time with +5 stacks and can spam and I didn’t noticed that from 10 conditions have cured only 3. One of these 2 possibilities can be but I think it can’t be that a class to have 10 conditions can it? Otherwise the cleansing fire is hardly worth to go on fire trait…
I show the 2 screenshots to show some guide. The first is the trait and the next one the hoard of conditions having on me.

Attachments:

(edited by Dragons Breath.3761)

Dragons Breath.3761

This is the many conditions I have and I didn’t see that it triggered. But now I think that if I see 7 conditions only from the necromancer than I might to change my traits because even if it works, 4 conditions still remain on me and if he can keep to give on me conditions than I have to wait another 40 seconds which I cannot last that long on a fight.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

The way this trait functions is that once your character acquires three unique conditions you will proc a version of cleansing fire, removing three conditions. The animation that plays plays yellow streaks that circle down your character from top to bottom while casting the aoe fire proc. There was an internal bug where this trait was functioning oddly when the trait comes off cooldown if you have conditions presently on you. What it should do in this instant is look for the next three applied unique conditions and proc once you’ve acquired them. Please let us know if this is not what you are seeing and provide as accurate as a description as possible. This saves us a lot of time!

Thanks!

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Dragons Breath.3761

Yes now a few days after I think now I understand how this mechanics works. I always wanted to see how are my conditions removing and I couldn’t saw only conditions. Than suddenly in Malchor leap some diseased mobs which usually gave me conditions I saw that now it is only 1 condition on me and I saw a burning circle. Strange is that I never saw any conditions me at all only 1. I think now I understand that this cleansing fire is working so fast that the human eye cannot see that the 3 conditions are there because it was already removed. I think I have noticed this like 3 times just even the fire circle thing is happened so fast because I never knew when it will happen.
Thats why I thought it is not working in PVP because I always had a ton of conditions on me but now I understand that it worked there as well I couldn’t notice. It was so fast that I didn’t noticed that it removed but I got another conditions too. Now I understand it that you cannot see the 3rd condition on you because it removes it faster. Hmm now I come to think of it that maybe I gave too much credit for this trait. I thought that now the life is going to be easier specially in PvP but it turns out that I cannot benefit so much on this trait because Necromancers and Mesmers can spam conditions on me so I still can get afterwards a bunch of condition.
Anyway now I understand the mechanics better for this trait and it seems that it is working this trait afterall and I apologies that before I accused that this trait wasn’t working.