Elementalist - "Churning Earth" cancel bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Siracuz.9716

Siracuz.9716

The Earth Dagger #5 skill “Churning Earth” doesn’t cancel properly.

It is a long cast (~ 3 seconds), and if you attempt to cancel it mid-cast after casting for > 1/2 second, it goes on the full 30 second cooldown instead of the standard 4 second cooldown that it should.

This is the absolute worst kind of ability that this could happen to. It’s already hard enough to land in PvP, and I believe it should go on the 4 second cooldown upon cancellation.

Posted by: OmegaPrime.4265

OmegaPrime.4265

same thing happens to me…and it needs to be fixed its already as you said a tough ability to hit with in its current cast time so making it go on the full cooldown when knocked back or when you cancel is horrible…please fix!

Posted by: Loks.1584

Loks.1584

I usually can cancel it a few seconds into the cast, but if I try to cancel when more than halfway done it still gets the 30 seconds cooldown. I understand the need to put the 30 seconds cooldown when interupted by another player, but if I cancel it deliberately, it should go on a 4 seconds cooldown even when I cancel it right before the end of the cast. Very annoying in sPvP and WvW situations when you have to react quickly indeed.