[Elementalist] Conjured weapons not remembering Auto-Attack

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: WildMarker.1687

WildMarker.1687

Hi,

I’ve been trying to play using conjured weapaons in muy build, but every time I set their auto-attack, the next time I call for one, it’s gone. On some weapons like the frost bow this is not a problem, since I’m not using slot skill 1 too much, but on others like the lightning hammer, it makes it impossible to use reliably. Mashing the 1 button for the combo gets tiresome fast.

Also, I did hear that engineers are having the same issue with their toolkit weapons, but I haven’t played the class so I wouldn’t know.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or if it’s designed to be that way. If it is, then please, we need the weapons to remember our auto-atack settings, even after we drop and resummon them.

Posted by: saltorio.9521

saltorio.9521

This seems to be an issue with all alternate weapon sets. Engineers have the same issue with all their kits not remembering auto-attack settings. I suggest you submit a ticket in-game just to reinforce this really needs to be fixed.

Rumblebub – Asura Elementalist
Jorok Frostcutter – Norn Engineer
Rhaenar Quilos – Sylvari Warrior

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

So, is there any word on if they are ever going to fix this?. It’s so annoying in the heat of battle when you conjure a weapon and it resets the auto attack.

Whats even worse is on the elemental if you set it to auto attack on a conjured weapon and then pick up the extra one you spawn, that resets the auto attack again despite you having the same weapon.

Please Arenanet, if we set something to auto attack it needs to remember it.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

If conjured weapons remember auto-attack, you will consume them so quickly. It is good for conjured weapons.

But siege weapons should should autoattack. It gets me crazy to spam Flame Ram

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Gokki.9574

Gokki.9574

The sole reason i stopped using conjured weapons. As much as i love them i cant be arsed to switch it every spawn.

MajorMelchett.6042

If conjured weapons remember auto-attack, you will consume them so quickly. It is good for conjured weapons.

I think you may have miss understood the issue.

We aren’t saying the Utility skill to conjure the weapon (for example Lightning hammer) won’t remember auto attack, we’re talking about the 5 new attacks you get from the the conjured weapon.

So if i conjure up a Lightning hammer i get 5 new attacks, each of these 5 attacks has no auto attack by default (not even the 1st one) – and if i set the 1st to auto attack and then pick up the extra hammer or switch back to my main attacks and then conjure it again, all the Lightning hammer attacks are again set to no auto attack.

We just want it to remember if the auto attack on the conjured weapons 5 new skills are set to enabled – if they can’t do this simply then they can at least set the 1st attack on every conjured weapon to enabled by default.

It’s a very annoying issue that effects gameplay a lot IMO. I love the Elemental conjured weapons, but it’s such an annoyance to have to set auto attack each and every time i conjure one.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

Posted by: Denis.5019

Denis.5019

I think the same problem does exist on all alternative weapons. If you pick up a wooden bar which gives 2 skills, both of them will not be on auto attack too.
I recall that was not an issue during a beta.

We want an old functionality back!

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I think you may have miss understood the issue.

We aren’t saying the Utility skill to conjure the weapon (for example Lightning hammer) won’t remember auto attack, we’re talking about the 5 new attacks you get from the the conjured weapon.

So if i conjure up a Lightning hammer i get 5 new attacks, each of these 5 attacks has no auto attack by default (not even the 1st one) – and if i set the 1st to auto attack and then pick up the extra hammer or switch back to my main attacks and then conjure it again, all the Lightning hammer attacks are again set to no auto attack.

We just want it to remember if the auto attack on the conjured weapons 5 new skills are set to enabled – if they can’t do this simply then they can at least set the 1st attack on every conjured weapon to enabled by default.

It’s a very annoying issue that effects gameplay a lot IMO. I love the Elemental conjured weapons, but it’s such an annoyance to have to set auto attack each and every time i conjure one.

He means quickly consuming the charges after the weapon has been cast. Since you can only use a certain number of skills before the weapon itself disappears, he’s making the point that auto-attack is disabled for a more controlled use of limited charges.

Its a good point, but if you want your conjured weapon to remember that YOU personally want a certain skill to auto-attack, then I’m sure you’re okay with automatically using the charges every time you cast your weapon and as often as possible.

If auto-attack isn’t enabled for everyone when you chose it, only for you, that would be ideal.

MajorMelchett.6042

He means quickly consuming the charges after the weapon has been cast. Since you can only use a certain number of skills before the weapon itself disappears, he’s making the point that auto-attack is disabled for a more controlled use of limited charges.

You know i never actully knew that, i always thought it was simply 60 seconds of usage. That makes conjured weapons even more weird – i thought it was bad enough that Fiery Greatsword had a 3 minute cooldown with only 60 seconds of using it, but only 15 charges aswell!.

I still would like it to remember auto attack though – as you say so people have a choice in how they use it.

Posted by: WildMarker.1687

WildMarker.1687

Yes, many complain about the auto-attack consuming charges (I think that’s why they removed it in the first place) but that aplies only to some weapons like the frost bow (where 1 is mostly useless) or the flame axe. Hammer is definetly one you want with auto attack, and many people think fiery greatsword as well.

Also, if the engineers are having this issue then it’s worse. They don’t have any timers or charges or anything, they use ‘em as regular, unlimited weapons. Which they can’t swap reliably to because of this.

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

It’s way more of an issue for Engineers and their kits.

Posted by: Apotheosize.4293

Apotheosize.4293

Should make it so auto attack is remembered for those kits and weapons, so you can auto the ones you want and leave the ones off that consume too quick

Posted by: Fury of Balthazar.2694

Fury of Balthazar.2694

Hi,
I believe it is in the mechanics of the game to manually activate the auto-attack option every time you swap or equip a new weapon onto your character (Ctrl + Mouse click 2).

In this case, once you use “Conjure Lightning Hammer”, you are swapping weapons and therefore must enable it. Once the charges are done and you pick up another weapon on the ground, you have to enable auto-attack again.

MajorMelchett.6042

Hi,
I believe it is in the mechanics of the game to manually activate the auto-attack option every time you swap or equip a new weapon onto your character (Ctrl + Mouse click 2).

We suspect/know this, we’re asking for it to be fixed/changed so we have a choice.

For some people it’s fine to have it not be set to auto attack, for others it’s very annoying be swtiched from auto attack to no auto attack so often (despending on play style).