[Elementalist] Swapping into Air attunement causes character to auto attack nearest mob

[Elementalist] Swapping into Air attunement causes character to auto attack nearest mob

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: stormwake.8369

stormwake.8369

I do not have the electric discharge trait. But I can be in earth/fire/water. When I switch to air no matter element I am in, I will fire 1 skill of the element I was just in. Then it will keep attacking with 1 skill in air. It auto targets and fires at anything in range.

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

It doesn’t matter if the trait is equipped or not.

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

Ho! We got a response .

What he’s saying is that the air attunement skill is psuedocoded something like this:

Put player into combat mode (this is probably an intrinsic property of the skill and handled outside of the skill’s flow of logic)
—set target
—set auto-attack on
If player has Electric Discharge Trait, do the electric discharge thing
—deal damage
—animation
Switch player to air attunement
—remove old attunement (if lingering attunements, pulse it one last time with a duration of 5s)
—put on new attunement
—change skill bar
—if elemental attunement, apply swiftness in an area
—etc, etc.

The skill that puts us into air attunement is always a range 900 offensive skill, just the actual dealing of damage is conditional on us having that trait.

MrQuizzles has it right. This is what I concluded from my tests too. While this bug is not directly related to slotting Electric Discharge, it is likely happening because of the needs of that trait (to cast Lightning Strike when we switch to air attunement).

Good news!
-Bill

Thanks for looking in to this Bill .

~ 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

When you rally from downed, the skill #1 also triggers as well. It will fire in the attunement you were in when you were downed, and then fire immediately when you change attunement. Get a player on an ele and try it.

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

When you rally from the downed state, 9 times out of 10 you are still in combat. You’re auto-attacks firing off is perfectly normal.

~ 80 Elementalist

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Had this happen to me today, walking past some yellow dolyaks minding my own business, enjoying the snow. Switched to air so I could use ride the lightening to move a little “faster”, but as soon as I switched to air, no.1 skill fired and attacked the dolyaks.

Posted by: LordEarle.9754

LordEarle.9754

If you have invested 15 or more points into air attunement, switching to air will trigger the targeted attack. If you do not wish to accidentally attack people with this, go to your options and turn off your auto-targeting.

Posted by: DallasisaLeo.1584

DallasisaLeo.1584

If you have invested 15 or more points into air attunement, switching to air will trigger the targeted attack. If you do not wish to accidentally attack people with this, go to your options and turn off your auto-targeting.

I think you missed the part where it was said that it doesn’t matter what your traits are. ’Tis a bug.