Elementalist - Water attunement + staff issue

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: VendettaDFA.9368

VendettaDFA.9368

Currently using water attunement on a staff is not a good choice and here is the reason. I am ok with it being a healing attunement but when water blast (skill 1) deals 16 dmg and 55 heal while geyser (skill3) is a heal only that does 53 heal for only 2 seconds, to me that is an issue. The other attunements skill one deal fire-47, air-30, and earth-27 dmg. This is from the point of view of a level 10 …but the ratios are the point. the damage inflicted isn’t worth using on skill 1 and the healing of skill 3 is less than skill one as skill one can be auto fired. Both of those skills are rendered worthless
As someone who has always loved ice elementalists this is enough to get me to hang up my spellbook. If you want 16 dmg on water blast then dump the heal effect and give it a base chill (slow) or faster cast or increase the damage to a min of 24. I get my lunch handed to me against equal singles if I dont kite my robe off. Meanwhile back in the lava pit my fire attunement allows me to play much more naturally.
I have no issue with lack of a weap swap IF the attunements of the one weap I am using are viable.

(edited by VendettaDFA.9368)

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

You’re level 10. You need certain trait points for other attunements to be effective. I use 30 traits in water, and the healing I do is more than fine. It’s godlike. I can max heal an entire team easily every 10-20 seconds. Wait until you get more trait points and then come back to this post.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

VendettaDFA.9368

@ Charming Rogue.8071 Regardless of trait point the ratios are screwed period. Kindly don’t patronize me. I have played since headstart and dabbled in all professions. This is the only issue i posted on concerning a skill on a weapon. I have a warrior and all skills regardless of level work just fine w/o trait enhancements. This is a bug report not your opportunity to make a know-it-all comment. Plus you completely missed the point … the DAMAGE is too low and the heal is higher than skill 3 …let that sink in first. I could care less about the heal part.

(edited by VendettaDFA.9368)

Posted by: Neferteri.7342

Neferteri.7342

Lower damage on water is not a bug, particularly before trait spending. Even the tooltips in game for each attunement says that fire and air are damage attunements, water is a support and healing attunement, and earth is a DoT and defensive attunement. Fire and air are by design supposed to do more damage before trait spending. Honest, mouse over them in game and read the tooltips.

VendettaDFA.9368

I understand that which is why even the damage I did request is the lowest of the 4 attunements, BUT the heal on the auto-attack should NOT be greater than the heal on the geyser which is heal only …no damage. 20 dmg plus 45 heal vs 53 heal is better…. 24 dmg plus 20 heal vs 53 heal is better 24 dmg and no heal vs 53 heal for geyser is proper but 16 dmg plus 55 heal in auto-attack vs 53 for 2 secs then a cooldown = stupidity if anyone expects me to use a staff on my elementalist. Guess what …. the scepter isn’t that screwed and neither is dagger. Its a pure miscalculation … a BUG.

VendettaDFA.9368

I just hit 11 and I am not going to waste the trait book I bought. Until this issue is fixed and the staff becomes as viable and logical as the other weapon sets, this character is deleted. This is now the ONLY profession I consider unplayable due to design and not to my lack of ability. I have a mesmer, engineer,necromancer,ranger and my lvl 62 warrior where every weapon in the skillset works just fine, at any level. I wont play a broken profession.

Posted by: Sojou.2067

Sojou.2067

The benefit of healing geyser is using a blast combo finisher on it. That’s something you can’t accomplish with water 1.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Geyser has been practically worthless since beta. It’s so short that by the time other players notice that it’s there and start moving towards it (or stop moving, if you tried to cast it directly under them), it’s gone. The heal is also very poor.

Like Sojou said, it’s only (vaguely) useful if you manage to cast a blast finisher on it, which is just too much work (and too narrow a timing / spatial window) for too little reward.

It should either last longer, have better healing, or have some other useful effect (ex., knock back enemies radially, which would make water attunement feel a bit more dynamic).

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Sojou.2067

Sojou.2067

Geyser has been practically worthless since beta. It’s so short that by the time other players notice that it’s there and start moving towards it (or stop moving, if you tried to cast it directly under them), it’s gone. The heal is also very poor.

Like Sojou said, it’s only (vaguely) useful if you manage to cast a blast finisher on it, which is just too much work (and too narrow a timing / spatial window) for too little reward.

It should either last longer, have better healing, or have some other useful effect (ex., knock back enemies radially, which would make water attunement feel a bit more dynamic).

With zero healing it (blast comboing) can fill over 50% of most player’s hit points, and it’s insanely easy for an ele to blast finish it himself. Drop eruption, swap to water and drop geyser – when eruption pops, you have combo’d.