Elementalist Whirlpool and Orichalcum veins

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

Hello,

While still under the effects of the elite skill “Whirlpool” I attempted to harvest Orichalcum Ore, I received ruined Ore chunks instead of Orichalcum ore.

I was using the appropriate harvesting tool “Orichalcum Mining Pick”

I am level 80, I had just swapped from Mithril mining picks to the Orichalcum mining picks. Then I was attacked by an NPC. I used my Elite skill, defeated the NPC then tried to harvest. I can verify that I did have the correct mining pick equipped. I believe this is a bug relating to the new Whirlpool skill that was recently added.

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

I posted this 2 months ago and it’s still a bug in the game.

While on my engineer now with the trait “Cloaking Device” If i’m harvesting Orichalcum and a monster triggers the stealth trait all the ore I try to collect becomes “Ruined Ore” While using Orichalcum mining picks.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I think this has to do with the game code for “transformations”. Basically, whenever a skill, trait or item transforms you into something else, apparently all your equipped weapons are temporarily replaced by some kind of default equipment.

(As an elementalist, I once received an achievement for “number of foes killed with a sword” while transformed by the Tornade elite skill. Elementalists can’t even hold swords!)

I am assuming that transformation does something similar to your harvesting tools.

Interesting question:
Did your Orichalcum Mining Pick use any of its charges during your attempts? If not, then it would support the theory above.