Ember Bay Coalescences not giving credit

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I have done all 3 of them multiple times and they will not give achievement progress.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might consider a -repair of the client, because this event does not even need to succeed to grant credit for the Achievement.

Good luck.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

The coalescence achievements are a bit misleading – you need to do the pre-event where you have to prevent the destroyers from absorbing the magic, not the coalescence event itself.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I’ve done the event in every way I can think of. I’m limited by how fast other people can get to the even when it starts. If the achievement is so limited that you can only get it if you have people there before it even begins, then there is a real problem here. Nonetheless, I am pretty sure that I have completed the event in all the different stages, unless there is one that is so unannounced and short that I have never managed to be there for it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve done the event in every way I can think of. I’m limited by how fast other people can get to the even when it starts. If the achievement is so limited that you can only get it if you have people there before it even begins, then there is a real problem here. Nonetheless, I am pretty sure that I have completed the event in all the different stages, unless there is one that is so unannounced and short that I have never managed to be there for it.

There are two events: prevent the coalescence from forming and destroy it — it’s the first of these that you want. In my experience, no one ever calls out the first event probably because hardly anyone ever tries to do it. However, it should last at least 5 minutes.

Like a lot of collection/achievement events, I find the easiest way to make sure I get credit is to park a toon within the event radius. I swap to it every so often and at some point, the event will be up.

As stated by others, you do not need help to complete it, since you get credit towards the umbrella achievement whether it succeeds or fails. You do have to get participation credit, which means you do have to kill a few event-related foes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”