Ember bay - Skip up the volcano achievement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: aelska.4609

aelska.4609

I’ve just taken two hours with a friend to end the entire jumping puzzle for this achievement (Skip up the volcano). Sadly, I get this message when I try to open the chest (and to get the achievement):

“You are too fatigued to open the massive chest. (You did not reach all checkpoints on your ascent.)”.

(see attachments)
My friends did have the achievement, and I was with her all the time. It might be good if you could do something about that, because:

1) I did not spend 2 hours for nothing
2) There is no way for me to know if a checkpoint has been taken or not.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Check your achievement panel. You do not have to open the chest to complete it.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I made it to the top, got the same message AND I did not receive the achievement. If the JP was like the one in SW (Topsy Turvy) that had a checkpoint tracker that would be really helpful.

Ayrilana.1396

People have gotten the achievement by simple using a portal to friend stone with the help of someone who is already at the end. The second they port to the other person, they got the achievement.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People have gotten the achievement by simple using a portal to friend stone with the help of someone who is already at the end. The second they port to the other person, they got the achievement.

That’s been patched, as ANet apparently consider it an exploit.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ayrilana.1396

That’s been patched, as ANet apparently consider it an exploit.

Oh I didn’t know that they patched it. Looks like another undocumented change.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s been patched, as ANet apparently considers it an exploit.

Oh I didn’t know that they patched it. Looks like another undocumented change.

It’s not even mentioned in the wiki notes :/

Posted by: Speeder.6042

Speeder.6042

I just did the jumping puzzle. I am sure I walked right over all of the smokey checkpoints that I had to. (Especially since I did this without any mesmers to teleport me.) I noticed that nothing visible happened as I walked through them. At the end-chest, I got the same message.
I must say that I am less than pleased at this outcome, especially since I haven’t gotten the achievement either. I’d like to ask for a solution to the issue, as this is was not exactly joyful gaming.

Ayrilana.1396

I just did the jumping puzzle. I am sure I walked right over all of the smokey checkpoints that I had to. (Especially since I did this without any mesmers to teleport me.) I noticed that nothing visible happened as I walked through them. At the end-chest, I got the same message.
I must say that I am less than pleased at this outcome, especially since I haven’t gotten the achievement either. I’d like to ask for a solution to the issue, as this is was not exactly joyful gaming.

Did you walk over the one at the very beginning as you run up the lava before entering the main area?

Posted by: Speeder.6042

Speeder.6042

I think I found the problem.
If you get out of the jumping puzzle or log out during it, you loose your checkpoint progress. But at the same time it does not let you tap the checkpoints any more.
So I think you cannot restart the jumping puzzle within one day. If that is right, I’d say that’s a major issue.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

If you get out of the jumping puzzle or log out during it, you loose your checkpoint progress. But at the same time it does not let you tap the checkpoints any more.
So I think you cannot restart the jumping puzzle within one day. If that is right, I’d say that’s a major issue.

You have to do the JP without leaving it or changing maps, or you will lose all of your progress.

Ayrilana.1396

You should be able to get the checkpoints again if you start from the first one pretty much at the very start as you climb up the lava river. It’s not listed in Dulfy’s guide the last that I checked.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I spent three hours going through that awful jp. Then didn’t get any credit or the chest.

Went back a few days later and a friendly mesmer in map chat ported all the checkpoints and i got the mastery, chest and cheevo, in about 10 minutes.

Never going back again.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

I agree the execution of the JP is an over burden, even though it supposedly can be done in about 15 min. The fact of loosing the JP progress is a pain in the behind. Every single time I have tried to do that JP I always loose progress because of the map closing. Therefore, I am still trying to get the achievement. Players in the game chat are frustrated with the JP progress every day also.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: deathblo.6209

deathblo.6209

I just finished the ember jump puzzle for the second time, followed a YouTube video which was step by step and received the "you are too fatigued to open the massive chest. You did not reach all the checkpoints. I did not get the achievement either. I have played this game which I love for 4 years and I’m am close to leaving the game because of this . I am very disappointed that this keeps happening.

Ayrilana.1396

I just finished the ember jump puzzle for the second time, followed a YouTube video which was step by step and received the "you are too fatigued to open the massive chest. You did not reach all the checkpoints. I did not get the achievement either. I have played this game which I love for 4 years and I’m am close to leaving the game because of this . I am very disappointed that this keeps happening.

The second checkpoint is skippable is some people can not go up far enough to trigger it.

deathblo.6209

Well I’ve done it twice following a YouTube verbatim and hit all the checkpoints that were given. As I said this was the second time and won’t get the achievements finish unless I pay 1000 gold and that is not right for Anet to offer that it’s extremely disappointing that they did

Posted by: Taco Del Mar.4582

Taco Del Mar.4582

That combined with when your glider opens/doesn’t open when you hit a button correctly is really aggravating.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well I’ve done it twice following a YouTube verbatim and hit all the checkpoints that were given. As I said this was the second time and won’t get the achievements finish unless I pay 1000 gold and that is not right for Anet to offer that it’s extremely disappointing that they did

I’m confused. How does paying 1,000 gold get you the achievement? There are lots of guilds who are taking their members up for free via ports, if that’s all you want. Some folks are teaching people how to go up, including showing the checkpoints, if your goal is being able to solo it.

Whenever the game introduces content that gives me conniptions, I deliberately take it slowly. I am really bad at adventures (I gravitate to cRPGs in part because I don’t like console-style games such as Super Mario etc.). So I just practiced a little each day until I could complete them, by parking a toon near the start. Obviously, this JP requires more time than an adventure, but the principle is the same.

If you aren’t enjoying GW2, then sure, give it up. But if the only thing turning you away is the JP, then … well, turn away from the JP for a little bit. Maybe until it gets fixed or maybe for when you can take your time, and stop to smell the sulfur rising up from the lava.

deathblo.6209

There’s an explanation on dulfys site . It has to do with a unmarked achievement called patron where you pay the ringmaster 1,000 gold and can skip some achievements including the jump puzzle and still get the Meta Achievement.