Enchanted map scrapes have stopped spawning

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Limey.2769

Limey.2769

I deleted enchanted map scrap 3/4 (due to running out of bag space while dungeoning), which was the last I needed to complete the map. Since then I haven’t had a single scrap of any kind to drop, that was over a month ago!

It may be bad luck, but I use to have several repeats of all the other scraps, hell, they dropped so often I thought of them as junk, but now, nothing.

Again, might be random bad luck, but it seems odd that I can’t get any scraps to drop from any jumping puzzle, I did at least 20-30 in the last month and nothing, seems extremely unlikely my luck is that bad. Now I can’t progress.

System: I5 3570k@ 4.4 ~ 7970 X-fire ~ 32GB DDR3 ~ 2×120gb SSD ~ 2×2tb storage drives

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I’m pretty sure it’s just bad luck. I got a 2/4 yesterday, and a 1/4 the day before that.

One thing that might be affecting the drop rates is the level of the character you’re opening the chests on. I think the map scraps may only drop for level 80’s.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just got another….have at least 30 of the same kind in inventory…drop yesterday, so I’m pretty sure it’s not a bug.

Oh, and they don’t only drop for Level 80s, I have a Level 21 that gets them quite often.

Good luck!

Limey.2769

Well obviously I’m talking about being bugged for me…

System: I5 3570k@ 4.4 ~ 7970 X-fire ~ 32GB DDR3 ~ 2×120gb SSD ~ 2×2tb storage drives

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, if you think your client may be ‘bugged’, you can try a -repair. Top of Page – Support – Search (Repair).

Good luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I get scraps every day. I find that the drop more often from non-JP chests, but they definitely drop from JP chests, too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Limey.2769

Well, like I said. It has been over a month and not a single scrap piece from any type of chest, probably over a hundred map chests. And they used to drop VERY often for me, just like for you guys.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

The map scrap 3/4 drops from chests in the Maguuma Jungle, so you might want to try opening chests in that area:

http://dulfy.net/2014/09/11/gw2-enchanted-key-and-enchanted-map-scrap-guide/#Enchanted_Map_Scrap_34_Maguuma_Jungle_Chests

I got that scrap yesterday, so it definitely still drops. I highly doubt that this drop is bugged just for one player, it’s more likely to just be bad luck or a case of opening chests in the wrong areas.