End of story reward

End of story reward

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ashlee.1802

Ashlee.1802

Me too.. so disappointed.. lvl 18 blue hat? Really? Sigh.. was so excited to see 5 exotic bags too.

End of story reward

Posted by: vox.5019

vox.5019

Close to finishing my story and the lack of communication on this is really disheartening. I have a question for Anet, is ncsoft telling you guys how to design MMOs now? Lineage and Aion were full of this kind of design and GW was the exact opposite, which was a large part of why it was such a great game and a breath of fresh air even going on a decade after its release. Finish a campaign? Max weapon of your choice with nice sub stats and, with few exceptions, a unique skin. Now we get to spin an NCwheel of death to celebrate our victory?

This industry just needs to move on. We’ve seen a bunch of “WoW 2.0” attempts, and
who actually wants that? Do we really want to be playing those same game mechanics for
another 5 or 10 years? -Mike O’Brien

End of story reward

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

The longer they wait on this issue, the more work correcting it they make for themselves. More people every day completing this quest.

End of story reward

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

1. Working as intended until we maybe change it.
2. We will not compensate anyone.

Welcome to AreaNET.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

End of story reward

Posted by: Galpen.1345

Galpen.1345

1. Working as intended until we maybe change it.
2. We will not compensate anyone.

Welcome to AreaNET.

Here hoping that this will not be the offical AreanNET response, but we all would like a real response please

End of story reward

Posted by: Xoul.7892

Xoul.7892

I just did the last mission, the story didn’t complete, I was unhappy then, glad now I didn’t get my rewards and the loot be bugged :S

ArenaNet, just tell the truth we won’t be mad.
(we will be probaly)

End of story reward

Galpen.1345

Still looking for an official reply. I WANT MY LOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of story reward

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Actually I don’t think It’s a bug but I agree – the reward is pretty poor and someone should look at this.

End of story reward

Posted by: Soul.6572

Soul.6572

I’d also like some clarification on this, I haven’t finished my personal story for this very reason!

End of story reward

Posted by: Corpdecker.3819

Corpdecker.3819

I’m also waiting to finish my personal story for this to be addressed. Has anyone actually gotten decent/fitting rewards from their bags or is it junk for everyone ?

End of story reward

Posted by: Galadeon.6513

Galadeon.6513

Yep, very odd that they will not comment one way or the other.
Let us know ArenaNet. Don’t leave us in Limbo. If it is Working As Intended, then tell us, so we can get a Thread going in the Suggestion Forum. If it is bugged, let us know you are working on it.

End of story reward

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

If this really is broken (can someone post some official confirmation), I hope they retro-actively fix this, as I similarly received junk from my bags. Somehow I doubt they will.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

End of story reward

Posted by: Quorra.9653

Quorra.9653

I will definitely not complete my story until I can get confirmation on whether this is intentional or bugged.

I completed Arah and am on the step that tells me to go back to Fort Trinity.

Devs, please let us know what’s going on here!

End of story reward

Posted by: SweFrost.3105

SweFrost.3105

I was extremly excited after completing “Victory or Death”. When i saw the reward is nearly fell down from my chair, when i saw the exotic loot bag. But then i opened all of them and got lvl 20-50 (4blues and 1green i think it was) I was extremly dissapointed. I mean The Commander of the almighty pact should get a better reward than random bad loot.

I serve the Vigil, The Vigil serve’s Tyria.

End of story reward

Posted by: Sirch.1803

Sirch.1803

Ditto to the bugged bags or just bad bags. Shouldn’t get level 20 vendor trash from finishing such a huge level 80 epic story line. This needs to be fixed. Unfortunately I’ve already opened all my bags (even put on all my magic find gear) and only got junk. Fix please! And make it retro-active so I get something?

Easy fix – remove it from the quest reward, then once it’s done allow everyone that has it finished to talk to a special vendor or something.

End of story reward

Posted by: Illumy.7658

Illumy.7658

ANet should reply to this quickly.

I’m not going to finish my Personal Story too because of this. And they can impossibly want it to be like that, the Story is such a big Part of this Game.

If it’s bugged, fix it.
If it’s Intentional, its bad but we must live with it.

End of story reward

Galpen.1345

In the words of a very nice song “I’m still waiting” for a response please

End of story reward

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

WOW I’m so glad I stumbled on this thread!!! I’m at the level 70 part of my personal story and I’m not touching it till this problem is fixed!!!!

End of story reward

Posted by: Illumy.7658

Illumy.7658

Anet responded in an other Thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/story/End-Story-Loot-spoilers

So it’s a known bug, but no more Information shared yet.

End of story reward

Posted by: krollosaurus.4183

krollosaurus.4183

I have completed mine and i got low lvl crap loot…. Im really “happy” and thankfull for the “great” items i got thanks a lot!

Hopefully they will fix so that even we who have completed it can get something, feels really fun when you have been totally excited about the main story and waited for getting a good reward..

End of story reward

Posted by: barringer.7623

barringer.7623

What a huge slap in the face, this is a disgrace.

End of story reward

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

From this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/story/End-Story-Loot-spoilers/first#post84724

Aha, I finally got my GM tag added, so this should up as an official post. Anyway, we’re currently looking at the issue, it’s definitely not intentional. Thanks!

End of story reward

Posted by: Godna.4831

Godna.4831

Same problem here, and I REALLY regret opening the bag now because I just know I’m gonna get screwed on this now…

End of story reward

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

same here, just finished my awesome story

“woot 5 exotic bags ZOMG ZOMG!!!

3 blues 1 yellow (lvl 70- at least got some ectos) 1 green

>_>…

End of story reward

Posted by: Maverick.6485

Maverick.6485

Same here, 4 blues and 1 green. Was really disappointed in it. There was nothing exotic about it. I hope this is a bug, and I also hope those who have had the unfortunate displeasure of opening them already get 5 new bags. It’s not as though we shouldn’t get them replaced because we got 5 blue crappy items (none of which were for my class either)

End of story reward

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Please can anyone tell me if this has been fixed ?

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

End of story reward

Posted by: Corpdecker.3819

Corpdecker.3819

There was nothing in the patch notes about it, surprisingly. Considering the volume of negative feedback from it, I imagine they’ll be working on it before too long.

End of story reward

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Just randomly found this & another thread about the same bags.
I`m just going back to the Story (<—Ele` so given up on PvP) & would really like to know what`s going on with the lootables.

Kind of don`t want to do this now until I`ve seen something`s been sorted as I imagine load so fothers wouldn`t either.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

End of story reward

Posted by: Onilis.3685

Onilis.3685

Fools to me, I opened all my bags and got crap so i thought something was wrong, then i come here and find out it wasnt supposed to do that. Are we going to be compensated for this? or do i have to do the whole story all over again?

End of story reward

Posted by: MajorFauxPas.2364

MajorFauxPas.2364

Think I’ll wait until they fix things before finishing the story. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey, um, which way to the outhouse?

End of story reward

Posted by: Bahamut.7029

Bahamut.7029

i cried at my lewt…

Charr , Blood Legion Warrior \m/
Tumblr:The Bahamut

End of story reward

Posted by: Zero.8931

Zero.8931

Jealous to hear about the greens some people got, I got 5 blues, max level 76. I only cried for a couple of minutes tho, no biggie.

End of story reward

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Why don’t they just answer this? From the description of what dropped, “exotic” is far from the truth.

End of story reward

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Has this been fixed? I did a search on the patch notes* but didn’t see any mention of it.

End of story reward

Posted by: midgit.9860

midgit.9860

From a post in a thread in the personal story forums.

The 9/24 update has:
“End of Story Loot bags improved to only give green or better lvl 78+ gear.”
I don’t know if it also has a retroactive fix for players who have already the step, but we do plan on giving players who have already done the step updated loot.

End of story reward

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Finally can get on with the story, although I still feel ripped.
GW1 ending loot was great.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

End of story reward

Posted by: GrantWizard.7832

GrantWizard.7832

I got level 80 greens Like a week ago from now… I was expecting something More…But!, it does say Random

End of story reward

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

I got level 80 greens Like a week ago from now… I was expecting something More…But!, it does say Random

Can’t find the post (these forums are pretty rough about that) but I seem to remember one of the devs saying that it may be part of the upcoming loot fix (week after next at the earliest, won’t be part of the halloween update) and that those of us who have finished our PS will get something. Sorry for all the vagueries, and YMMV as to whether it comes to pass or not.

End of story reward

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

There should have been some exotic loot, not 3 greens. Big disappointment.

End of story reward

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Yeah it’s a massive slap in the face really. In GW1 I could pick an item of max stats gear that had a cool looking skin. A worthy reward for your efforts. If they were worried about the gear imbalancing the economy of something they could have made it soul/account bound.

I got trash when I opened my rewards whilst it was bugged. I still haven’t recieved the updated, fixed, bags but if its just lvl 78 greens and up then im really not bothered. Chances are they will be non-exotic, and if they are, won’t be useful for my class. I think I’d even still prefer the old system of picking one reward if the bags all dropped lvl 80 exotics as random chance is rarely kind to me in this game in terms of gear drops and half the point of the old rewards was the cool appearance.

I’m trying to figure out how it would damage gem sales as this is clearly a top priority for Anet. I guess you might feasably spend less gold if you got one piece of perfect gear for free. And because we all buy gems for gold, bit of sarcasm there, that would mean slightly less gem sales. Meh, it doesn’t seem likely.

I’m really at a loss as to why they took this design decision, it benefits nobody.

Bring back the GW1 system Anet!

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

End of story reward

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Hope they fix ALL rewards. Currently, the rewards in the game overall are…well, to put it politely, underwhelming.

I am not excited to do many things any longer in this game because I do not feel any of the rewards I have gotten so far for either the dungeons, dragon fights or boss fights are any good. To put it mildly they are deplorable.

I also don’t see level appropriate items dropping either. It is dismaying to finish up an area that is say, level 25-35 only to get paltry mediocre rewards that you either can’t use or won’t use (most often because you have out leveled it already).

Anet really does need to rethink the reward system in this game.

Edit: its even worse for Black Lion Chests; I got a key the other day so I decided to open one of my chests in hopes of getting something good out of it. Foolish thought, that.

What I got was: Revive Orb
3 Mystery Tonics
Armor booster – buff that reduces incoming damage by 5% for 1 hour
Black Lion Chest…such poor rewards – definitely NOT worth the price to pay for a key.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

End of story reward

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Apologies for necroing this old thread. I see it’s been almost a month since the last contribution but I was just wondering if anyone knew if there has been any change to rewards for this final Personal Story quest of killing Zhaitan.

I’ve been holding off on completing it for sometime now and would really like to finish it. I don’t want to throw my chance at an “appropriate” reward out the window though if it’s still unchanged. I’m positive it will be changed but am really getting anxious about the when considering it’s been over three months now.

I mean seriously, I’ve been holding off on finishing this last leg for quite some time now. A-Net? Guys? Please? I mean at least let give us an idea of when you might be getting around to setting this right.

End of story reward

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Having gotten home now and having time to look through today’s (Dec. 3rd) patch closely:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-3-2012

I see that the following was posted as changes to the Personal Story Quest Chain:

Personal Story
•Minor personal story bugs in multiple personal story steps were fixed.
•The story step “Forewarned is Forearmed” has been fixed to avoid an error that prevented completion.
•The story step “Time for a Promotion” has been fixed to avoid a problem that caused it to stall.
•The story step “Silent Warfare” has had the difficulty adjusted.
•The story step “The Artist’s Workshop” has been fixed to allow players to rally when they defeat hypnotized performers.
•Players who completed the sylvari “mirror” storyline are now recognized by the NPCs in the story step “Through the Looking Glass.”

Of which the first bulleted notation (highlighted above) seemed the only one even potentially relevant. Of course it was so generic in it’s wording it could apply to ANY kind of change to our Personal Story quest chain. I have a feeling it doesn’t apply to our particular issue but I’m trying to hold out some hope that it may. Anyone know yet? (I have a feeling I won’t be getting a positive reply, or any reply at all really, to that question either.)

*_sigh_ And so I continue to go not going on (with my Personal Story quest chain that is)… ho hum…

(edited by Mayam.8976)

End of story reward

Posted by: Grapher.5342

Grapher.5342

Stumbled upon this thread after i finally finished my mission (didn’t know there was a reward probblem). Anyway on 5th of January i opened 3 shiny bags (forgot the name) and i received 2 lvl 80 greens and 1 lvl 80 rare with a major rune in it, so i guess the reward got fixed or i was just very lucky.