Eng.Turrets don't Trigger Perplexity Runes

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Turret-based Interrupts (Overcharges of Net Turret, Rocket Turret, and Thumper Turret; Detonation of Accelerant-Packed Turrets) do not trigger the Runes of Perplexity’s 6-rune effect.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Should it? IF interupting a foe with a mesmer the rupt rune ( i think perplexity) doenst trigger and neither does the trait for mesmer when rupting causing vulnerability… on crit sigils dont trigger when a duelist or illusion etc on mesmer dont trigger either… its as intended.. YOU YOURSELF has to do the confusion or trick…not your turrets.

Anymras.5729

When it’s something the player has to specifically input a command for, it should be treated as something the player has done, same as any direct interrupting skill.
This extends to every single class.

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Don’t even think about doing this Anet.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Anymras.5729

Don’t think about what, fixing a bug?

If you’re trying to say ’Don’t make Engineer Turrets, or other player-activated skills that don’t currently trigger these things, well, trigger these things,’ then A ) say that and B ) make a case for how it isn’t a bug, or, failing that, how it could be unbalancing.

At the moment, the only reasons jumping out at me for it being unbalancing stem from the same things that have people predicting, demanding, or requesting nerfs to the runeset.

Posted by: Fast Asleep.8475

Fast Asleep.8475

Don’t expect any fix on this. Engi turrets are not working as intended since forever so you won’t get a fix for them to work with any rune properly for sure imo.

Gunnars Hold [Chvc]

Anymras.5729

Don’t worry, I know most of, if not all, of the Turret bugs. I made a list of them, even, which has been acknowledged several times by a staff member. Hopefully they’ll start having the bugs worked out soon.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

But still, either all minions should trigger runes/ sigils, or none should.

Imagine you’d use the RataSum runeset with autocast RadiationField on hit. Would you complain if your turrets don’t cast RadiationField when they get hit?

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

But still, either all minions should trigger runes/ sigils, or none should.

Imagine you’d use the RataSum runeset with autocast RadiationField on hit. Would you complain if your turrets don’t cast RadiationField when they get hit?

When the turrets are detonated, they cease being minions and go on a long cool down. They are more like “mines” at that point, only having to be manually detonated, and should allow for the procing of the rune set.

But whatever, most engineers don’t run turrets anyway because they are amazingly buggy, the majority of the traits are broken, the cool downs are stupidly long, and the “minion health upgrade” didn’t get applied to them.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

^
I’d agree with detonating turrets (F-keys). It’s more like an engineer attack than a turret attack – similar to shattering illusions counting as mesmer attack.
But turrets attacking or being attacked should be credited (as for tagging mobs) to the engineer but not trigger any effects.

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Interrupts from turrets should not work with Perplex Runes. These runes are already too OP especially for an Engineer and need to be nerfed.

Anet, please look at Perplexity runes like you said you would and chnage (nerf) them.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Anymras.5729

Yes, I’d agree with all minions that’re capable of interrupting skills being able to trigger these runes. It makes sense.

No, I would not complain about my Turrets not casting Radiation Field.

They aren’t me, so it doesn’t make sense for them to trigger ‘if you get hit, this happens sometimes.’
This does not constitute hypocrisy because I can’t interrupt skills without using skills, whether the place the skill originates from is myself or an immobile bit that attacks on my command.
As I see it, Turrets are skills that do precisely that – attack on my command. They do not interrupt skills on anything but overcharges and detonations, and if they actually implemented an internal cooldown into the runeset, I doubt this conversation would be happening.

Besides which, this is, as far as I’m aware, a bug.
If it’s intended to be this way for balance reasons, the staff are welcome to say something, and until they do, I will maintain that it is a bug.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

Anymras.5729

Not trying to restart the “This is bugged.” “BUT IT WOULD BE UNBALANCED.” “…It’s a bug, if they fix it they can rebalance.” discussion, just sayin’ this is still a thing.