Engineer kits do not have the enable auto attack.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Poruku.3784

Poruku.3784

When I’m working as my Engineer, happily exploring the country side with all my gadgets in hand, I like to switch to and from my various kits a lot.

However, there is a major turn off from using these kits:
Kits do not remember that I have enabled the auto attack function, so every time I switch (to say the elixir gun), I have to reenable the auto-attack for the first one. This is very frustrating, especially in the midst of combat.

Posted by: Guerilla.2460

Guerilla.2460

Posting in this thread since it is the newest thread about the problem. This issue is extremely class damaging in PvP and very frustrating in PvE. Everyone knows that reaction and timing is a very important factor in PvP and for example it would be so much smoother to net someone with your rifle and then switch to flame thrower to blast away without having to remember to ctrl+mouse 2 over flame jet. Please make a priority.

Posted by: Crowl.8791

Crowl.8791

Not only that, when using Kits we lose the stats from our equipped weapons and sigil’s as well!

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

Bump. Every suite of skills should have one set to auto by default, if it intended to be used continually.

Posted by: Ubrasaur.7103

Ubrasaur.7103

Yeah, I mentioned this in beta. I’d really like if the auto-attack settings were ‘sticky’. If that would be too tough to implement, it would be great if the weapons with obvious auto-attacks were set as such when switching to them. I can’t imagine how that would be difficult as long as they can store an extra flag with each bundle marking that it should have its first skill be auto-attack.

Posted by: Esper.3721

Esper.3721

I’m a heavy kit user, but while Elixir Gun, Flamethrower and other kits have decent auto-attacks I just can’t be bothered to stay in a kit longer than for one or two utility skills, because spamming 11111111 while kiting is just stupid.

If it’s not possible to have kits remember their last auto-attack state, then at least make most of them auto-attack by default. And don’t forget to change the underwater-grenade-kit, please.

Posted by: Atmog.8407

Atmog.8407

This is a major problem for the enig, especially in pvp. Skirmishes can become very frantic and taking extra time to reconfigure your auto-attack is a constant hindrance.
This needs to be fixed asap.

Posted by: Borly.3628

Borly.3628

Please make this change, it’d make playing engineer so much nicer in general!

Posted by: Preclude.1429

Preclude.1429

This is definitely a needed change. Especially if your build has multiple kits.

Posted by: DominicFalcon.1045

DominicFalcon.1045

This is definitely an inconvenience, at best.

Posted by: Lilianz.2374

Lilianz.2374

Plus. elementalists with a magic weapon is the same problem

Posted by: Souldoubt.8692

Souldoubt.8692

yes please make this change. hate trying to do ctrl right click in battle, alot of the time i left click by mistake and type the ability in chat. very annoying.

Posted by: jjc.1768

jjc.1768

Please Please. This gets so annoying since even when you don’t have a build that switches kits it gets switched anyways and when you switch back you have to reset your auto-attack. Asinine and frustrating to the extreme

Things that can cause your kit to switch is picking up a rock or other “weapon” item, some quests, being downed, going under water, and possibly others.

Also why can’t the game remember what kit you were using after you drop that rock you accidently picked up while looting.

Posted by: Pfhortune.9487

Pfhortune.9487

Yes, please fix. A bit game-breaking for engis, as that is a very important function and kit switching is core to the profession.

Posted by: Jamsaur.7091

Jamsaur.7091

As a casual player of GW2, even I find it very irritating to start auto-attack every time I swap kits. During PvE content I simply don’t use kits, just turrets and weapon skills, as I often lose big chunks of health stopping for a second to enable auto-attack. It feels like I only have half a class.

Posted by: Helnar.9056

Helnar.9056

Agreed. This is a must if one is to feel that the Engineer is “on par” with the other classes. Extremely annoying and I hope it gets priority with the devs.

Posted by: saviorself.5640

saviorself.5640

I also agree with whats writen above. I also found that when using the elixir gun if you use the super elixir it will turn your character around and stop facing your enemy. Which stops all auto attacks to that target … Great class … very buggy atm.

I may be one man, but I am one man with many faces

Posted by: Elshagan.6342

Elshagan.6342

Agreed…

N for those who don’t play Engineer lets put this in perspective

You switch weapon set. No auto-attack enabled.
You switch Attunement(Ele). No auto-attack enabled.

That’s basically how it is for us Engi’s right now.

Ezrael Curzeblood: 80 Necro
Januk Monkeydoodle: 80 Engi
Knowledge is your friend: 1 of every class for sPvP except Ele.