Entire DS Map Ported to New Map Instance?!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Was just doing the meta, we had 2 blighting towers down, 25 mins left on the clock, then the entire map gets a loading screen for Dragons Stand and we all find ourselves in the same groups but just in a map that has reset?!

Lost all of our participation, entire event reset. What a waste of all of our time.

This is unacceptable. It’s one thing is a collection is bugged, but when people spend over an hour in a meta only to lose everything? This is the stuff that makes people quit games. This should be a top priority fix right now if it isn’t already.

Posted by: Metricos.5617

Metricos.5617

Yeah, DS definitely reset on us. We all got sent to new maps, etc. Super obnoxious, so I hope it gets checked out soon!

Thanks for all the hard work Loveyoumeanit <3~

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

This is unacceptable. It’s one thing is a collection is bugged, but when people spend over an hour in a meta only to lose everything? This is the stuff that makes people quit games. This should be a top priority fix right now if it isn’t already.

Seconded. This happened to the map I was on about 45 minutes ago. Given the amount of stuff that is gated behind a successful meta event (map completion, access to the Crystalline Ore Collector, …) this is unacceptably frustrating.

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

This is an old bug with Megaservers.
It is here from the beginning.
But ANet keep ignoring it.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

Posted by: Omnibus.9367

Omnibus.9367

In addition to this, if you crash or d/c at the end of the meta you can’t get back into the map. I can see people that weren’t on the map originally not getting in, sure, but to make it where the people that just spent almost 2 hours get screwed out of loot that only drops at the end of a meta? gg – Was about to land at the statue chest, crashed, didn’t get anything cause i went to a new map

Posted by: SpiroTris.3748

SpiroTris.3748

We just had the same thing with final boss at 30% ‘ish health… everyone gets a load screen and we’re on a completely new map that closes in 53min.

Anyone know why this is happening? Saw people mention it’s not the first time so maybe there’s some way to avoid it?

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

I would be in game running Dragons Stand, but instead I’m playing another game cause I don’t want to risk 2 hours of my life for something that’s just going to bug out on a grand scale.

Any word from the devs on this would be greatly appreciated, we know you read the boards, please respond.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maps reset because at one point there was the notification to hop onto another server. Despite filling the map, and the timer disappearing from the UI, it is still counting down.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Maps reset because at one point there was the notification to hop onto another server. Despite filling the map, and the timer disappearing from the UI, it is still counting down.

Hmm, I’ll grant you that might have been the case for the Verdant Brink map where the same thing happened to me yesterday. If so, that’s still a major bug that needs fixing very, very badly. But as for the Dragon’s Stand map where that happened to me on Sunday, I’m fairly sure I’d been in that instance for more than an hour and I never saw the map change notification.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Was just doing the meta, we had 2 blighting towers down, 25 mins left on the clock, then the entire map gets a loading screen for Dragons Stand and we all find ourselves in the same groups but just in a map that has reset?!

Lost all of our participation, entire event reset. What a waste of all of our time.

Why am I not surprised?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security