Episode 3 Season 2 (Flamethrower Bug)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aseity.9152

Aseity.9152

A lot of people out here right now…and none of us can progress because the flamethrower isn’t spawning for like…how long? An hour?

Please fix. People going crazy on chat.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Indeed, seems bugged everywhere.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Cig Halfblood.4015

Cig Halfblood.4015

I have a flamethrower….
>.>
<.<

#engineersop2014

Posted by: Priest Tully.3798

Priest Tully.3798

Events are not spawning at all on Tarnished Coast and Yaks Bend or their overflows.

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

Same, champion event spawned but the flamethrower one hasnt spawned for at least a half hour now.

Posted by: Corvus.5836

Corvus.5836

having the same problem for “Uprooting the Iron Marches” event.
I wish it were instanced

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Events are not spawning at all on Tarnished Coast and Yaks Bend or their overflows.

It’s not the point, but as a side note, there is no more such thing like “Tarnished Coast” and “Yak Bends” maps (and no “their overflows”) : every single PvE map is “overflown” (shared between every servers) through the megaserver.

Aseity.9152

Found a small solution…with this whole ‘mega server’ thing going on, some servers have certain event(s) bugged. Log out to character select screen then log back in- hoping you join a different one where the event isn’t bugged…it’s what I did at least and worked.

But yeah…they need to fix this so people don’t stress out.

Aseity.9152

Someone just said on chat, ArenaNet is aware of this ‘stalled’ issue with every event in Iron Marches and is working to fix right now.

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

Pardon me ladies, I’m talking to the arenanet people. perhaps you can test your
new content and look for the bugs then, and not wait till launch day to have the entire
server typing to you to correct your bugs.

lordkrall.7241

new content and look for the bugs then, and not wait till launch day to have the entire

And how would you suggest they test a bug that rather clearly happened due to a massive amount of people clicking the same thing at once?

Some things are simply more or less impossible to find during testing, this is a good example of one of those things.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Corvus.5836

And how would you suggest they test a bug that rather clearly happened due to a massive amount of people clicking the same thing at once?

Some things are simply more or less impossible to find during testing, this is a good example of one of those things.

OR it can just be in an instance like the majority of episode two. Then everything runs smoothly.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Bugged for me and half the map as well (blocks progress). Are we supposed to pick up a flamethrower or something? Killed the champ twice and doesn’t advance.

btw never saw any flamethrower or whatever.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Corvus.5836

Bugged for me and half the map as well (blocks progress). Are we supposed to pick up a flamethrower or something? Killed the champ twice and doesn’t advance.

it’s actually an event that spawns a veteran and some vines. flamethrower becomes available from nearby barrel once event pops.

Wasbunny.6531

it’s actually an event that spawns a veteran and some vines. flamethrower becomes available from nearby barrel once event pops.

Ah ok. Hey are you THE Corvus? Like the one who made that amazing GW2 music? If so that was me posting comments.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Corvus.5836

Ah ok. Hey are you THE Corvus? Like the one who made that amazing GW2 music? If so that was me posting comments.

I’ve been asked this question in game during a Teq run lol. I’m not well known youtube or famous on any site. I’m just a college student who plays some GW2 haha. Apparently the other Corvus is some podcast guy, and now makes some music? Sorry to disappoint! but I’d love to have a link to some of this persons work, I’m interested now.

Aseity.9152

I just love how ArenaNet kicks EVERYONE in area by restarting server every 3-5 minutes and ruins EVERYTHING in middle of doing event.

People on chat kittened off. I know things like this are expected on launch date but this is like…beyond what I imagined.

lordkrall.7241

I just love how ArenaNet kicks EVERYONE in area by restarting server every 3-5 minutes and ruins EVERYTHING in middle of doing event.

People on chat kittened off. I know things like this are expected on launch date but this is like…beyond what I imagined.

What are you even talking about? There have been no server restarts since the release (unless there was one within the last two minutes or something like that).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Aseity.9152

It just happened again…everyone got kicked out for the 4th time at Frostgorge Sounds…go there yourself. Go read the chat.

Aseity.9152

Update-

People saying on chat whenever the server kicks everyone off the map, you lose every loot and achievement you’ve been getting during the event…

…not happened to me yet but it is for some people.

Wasbunny.6531

So I guess the actual event never spawned for me afterall. What I thought was the event was just a new champ in the area. Here’s a link to Wooden Potatoes if you want to see what is supposed to happen.

Gw2: Dragons Reach Part 1 Released!

Aseity.9152

I finally finished the event chain without getting kicked of the map after 11 attempts…

…real.

Posted by: lady godiva pet.9530

lady godiva pet.9530

still not fixed. but if it is “stalling” like they say then its a programming issue. because I just did the flamethrower one. now I have closed game and reloaded 3 times and not able to get samples. I think the auto rotation of events got messed up by story events.

Posted by: lady godiva pet.9530

lady godiva pet.9530

wish anet would let us know of the issue and the possible time to fix. because if it is a programming issue then maybe some time to fix. if a stupid error then they could tell us how long to fix based on issues

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

wish anet would let us know of the issue and the possible time to fix. because if it is a programming issue then maybe some time to fix. if a stupid error then they could tell us how long to fix based on issues

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/494251110312718336

“For those of you who missed our earlier tweet: Our team is aware of the issues with today’s release & working on a fix. ~RB2 "

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/494251110312718336

“For those of you who missed our earlier tweet: Our team is aware of the issues with today’s release & working on a fix. ~RB2 "

Really? A major bug that’s stopping pretty much everyone from progressing in the new episode and they’re only announcing it on Twitter? At least put it here on the official forum (or better yet, the launcher). Its not exactly a minor thing that people don’t need to know about.