Essence of Luck is not working for savage

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Brendon.5071

Brendon.5071

I have savaged many fine armors and gotten no Essence of Luck (fine). I have savaged many master armors and gotten Essence of Luck (fine) when the wiki said I should get (Masterwork)

So is this a bug or is the Wiki wrong?

Thanks.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I got myself to 70% Account Magic Find earlier today on Fine quality items only.

It has been stated by ArenaNet that the rate at which the Essences of Luck drops from items does not change no matter which salvage kit is used to salvage the item.

However, perhaps there is a bug with the type of salvage kit you used to where it is not working properly.

I used Fine Salvage Kits acquired from the Cultural Weaponsmith right outside the Trading Post in the Black Citadel and bought with Karma so I had an endless supply of them.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Brendon.5071

I use Basic Salvage Kit I will look into other types.

StinVec.3621

I’ll look to try using some Basic Salvage Kits to see if I experience the issue of no Essences dropping as well on Fine quality items.

Brendon.5071

I did not know it was random …
So I used 10 Fine Salvages on master works. I got 1 Master Essence of Luck twice. I got 2 Fine Essence of Luck 3 times and I got 1 fine Essence of Luck 5 times so a total of 210 luck from 10 Master works. Does that sound right?

StinVec.3621

That does sound right, and pretty good actually, but that was on Masterwork quality items.

However, I thought the issue you outlined in your main post was that you had salvaged many Fine quality items without a single Essence dropping from them. That this might have been due to Basic Salvage Kits being bugged when salvaging Fine quality items with it.

Are you actually saying that you do get Essences from both Fine and Masterwork quality items with the Basic Salvage Kit? Is your main question actually about the quality of the Essences dropping from Fine and Masterwork items? If so, all variations in quality (not including Legendary +500 quality) of Essences drop from both Fine and Masterwork items. Yes, it is random and you will get different quality Essences from both Fine and Masterwork items.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Brendon.5071

So far I have salvaged 15 fine level items but NO luck essence from them so I will only do Master from now on, So far (50 times) I always get something. Maybe my luck just sucks …

Thanks for the help