Estate of decay...stuck.

Estate of decay...stuck.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Jump on the little bit of terrain to the left of the door, and make your way ontop of it.
You’ll be able to interact with it and mobs will spawn. Just dont jump down the other side.

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

I ran into this with Char Elementalist today. relogged and tried 4 times.
I noticed when I tried talking to the friendly NPCs at the door that are not moving,
I see a glimpse of a minimized inventory window (determined by seeing my karma and cash flash quickly).
Not sure if that’s related, but in a dungeon our guild did once that bugged (progress stopped and we could not get anything to advance it), I saw that happening too.
I’ll try the suggested standing on the wall trick to interact with door….
door trick worked for me (jumped onto wall, stood above door, & interacted with it)

(edited by Zapan.7460)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

yeah, same thing happened to me. after the lord gives his little speech and walks away i cant open the 2nd door

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Random Brit.7380

Random Brit.7380

I am stuck on the “Estate of Decay” mission right now.

inside the first room, after the npc talks to you and walks away into the 2nd room, nothing happens.

last npc chat – Snarl Backdraft : i don’t like this. Let’s find a way out of here before things get any weirder

I have done this one before, so I am aware of what is going to happen, but its just not triggering for some reason.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Zandiya.8475

Zandiya.8475

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Xeph.9410

Xeph.9410

I ran into this with Char Elementalist today. relogged and tried 4 times.
I noticed when I tried talking to the friendly NPCs at the door that are not moving,
I see a glimpse of a minimized inventory window (determined by seeing my karma and cash flash quickly).
Not sure if that’s related, but in a dungeon our guild did once that bugged (progress stopped and we could not get anything to advance it), I saw that happening too.
I’ll try the suggested standing on the wall trick to interact with door….
door trick worked for me (jumped onto wall, stood above door, & interacted with it)

Same thing happened to me actually. The Asura Agent NPC when ever you would talk to her this would happen.

Also, I can’t open the second door either.

Attachments:

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Drewbie.7150

Drewbie.7150

I may have found a work around that worked for me. I climbed onto that second gate(the one in the above picture) stood right in the center and was able to open it and continue the event.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Oroborous.2694

Oroborous.2694

Thanks Drewbie, that worked for me.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: TheWhiteLion.7964

TheWhiteLion.7964

Same Bug :S i cant open door

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: whatevervp.9652

whatevervp.9652

I started the lvl 75 story quest Estate of Decay and when i enter the manse frist room nothing happens after the lord talks and leaves the story does not progress any more. You can’t get thru the door and no mobs spawn to kill

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Il Ramingo Oscuro.3209

Il Ramingo Oscuro.3209

I have reported the bug to myself what

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Leto.5642

Leto.5642

(edited by Leto.5642)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Rodasta.3124

Rodasta.3124

Dear Arenanet,

I can´t progress with this story quest because when I click or press F the door won´t open. I also used the in game bug report.

Greetings,
Rodasta

Attachments:

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

Lots of threads about this already, and a work around. Search is a wonderful feature.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Estate-of-Decay-Door-Bugged-Merged

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Rodasta.3124

Rodasta.3124

Thank you, I don´t post often here so I just used control+F will try to use the search function next time.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Whisper.5803

Whisper.5803

I cant believe this. i try just + F and start second part zombiez caming but after i cant open the door never ever. i tryed at since 22x times

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Go to the door. Spam F, forward, and jump. Just keep spamming it. It will trigger the story event and you can continue.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

Bonus Karma to Haze

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Drogos.2803

Drogos.2803

I had the issue where after listening to the speech just inside the first door, the second door failed to open either by mouse-click or ‘E’. Taking advice of one of the posters in this thread, I hopped on the low part next to the door, then on top of the door itself. At that point, I was able to activate the door and servants turned to Risen. After those Risen were killed, I had to hop on top of the door again to open it and progress the story further.

C’mon ANet, this is fundamental stuff.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: deiXide.2431

deiXide.2431

Still bugged. Gates of Madness server. 80 guard.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: CoffeeShtoun.6528

CoffeeShtoun.6528

The door that leads you to Lord Kitah’s manor is bugged and wont open, I have tried 4 times logging in and out. Can you please fix this so I can contiune my story.

80-Sylvari Elementalist.

Attachments:

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Thorgald.2485

Thorgald.2485

Same here, getting pretty tired of all these bugs now.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Konsaki.6189

Konsaki.6189

Bug is already known. Clime the ledge to the left of the door. Once you stand on top of the door, it will accept the open command.

Estate of decay...stuck.

CoffeeShtoun.6528

Will try, thanks

Estate of decay...stuck.

CoffeeShtoun.6528

It worked thanks man.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

Getting the same problem. The door is bugged and won’t open. I did as you suggested and jumped up on top to get it to work, but then all the npc’s with me got stuck in side the door skin and when the servants went red, nothing happened and the story wouldn’t advance. Would pay to be a tad careful with the npc’s for this step if using this work around.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Massive pain. Experienced this bug multiple times.
Going to the top of the door works, but upon activation, you will possibly spawn in the terrain/the door itself. So you get stuck and unable to move unless you have a teleport skill handy.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I had this same issue. I was able to get past it by spamming F while running back and forth against the door, and presumably at some point it worked. It seems a bit similar to how melee attacks often don’t work against destructible objects when standing still, but do deal damage while running around it. I think the game gives you positional benefit of the doubt while in motion.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: fenduru.3165

fenduru.3165

I just ran into this bug today. Standing on top of the door and interacting with it worked.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Vexion.3164

Vexion.3164

The same thing is happening to me right now. I was able to open the first door by climbing on top of it, but I was standing on the left side of the door as I activated it, and when it opened I clipped right through! I was stuck inside the terrain — the door, the rocks, then I fell underground. No way to complete the quest, so I had to waypoint out. Be careful!

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Himori.2109

Himori.2109

I just want to post that i came across this bug but it can be overcome by spamming the jump action and the action button ( “space” and “F” by default) it seems to take a random amount of time, on one attempt i was trying for 6 minutes or so, the second time it worked about 30 seconds in, a nuisance it may be, but its better than not being able to progress at all.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Ghamradel.4261

Ghamradel.4261

I have been having the same problem couldn’t get through to the second room and have been trying for about a week now, I finally managed to set off the event by mashing my toons face into the right side of the door and mashing the F key seemed to work as I needed to do so with every door in order to open, just a thought for something to try if you are also stuck happy gaming, hope anet fixes this soon

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: AmusingMoniker.3560

AmusingMoniker.3560

Thanks to Haze I was finally able to open the second door, had to use that method the two times on the same door. I still sent in a bug report because it shouldn’t take that much effor to get it to work.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: groovymunki.9502

groovymunki.9502

Level 80
Human Mesmer
Order of Whispers
Personal story – Estate of Decay

Still broken, had to use Haze’s work around – which took a while to get the door to open.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

In the Estate of Decay quest (Level 75 in Waste Hollows area of Straits of Devastation region), there is a directive where you must enter the Kitah Manse.

I am in the reception hall where the Lord greets you, then leaves through a set of doors. I cannot get through the set of doors that the Lord and his nobles exits through. I have tried talking to all the servants left behind and have tried to open the door with both the right click and the F ‘Use’ command, but the doors will not open.

I see no other options. Is this a bug, and has anyone else noticed this problem?

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: DarkWaiter.2047

DarkWaiter.2047

Thanks for the tip pulsecodesgnl.3470, thats just how i did it after looking for a solution online.
Autorun into the door like he said and press F and it will let you open it at some point.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: navygamer.5740

navygamer.5740

Just ran into the issue today. The jump on top of the door workaround worked for me.

It appears that the activation point for the door is off the z axis a tad to high so it is out of reach of the player on the ground.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Also ran into the issue. The only place I could open the door was from the top.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Slayer.7623

Slayer.7623

My friend and I encountered this bug tonight. We reset and retried about 7 times each. I gave up but he kept at it and found out if you spam “F” real fast and jump all over the stuck door the event will eventually trigger. It worked for both of us. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into the bug.
—-———————————————————————————————-

^ workd for me thx alot haze, i m finaly able to progress after tons of useless resets

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Nicci.3865

Nicci.3865

Same problem for me several times. Won’t open the door. So I took the advice on here and climbed up on top to open the door to then find I’m utterly stuck after it opens with no way going forward or backwards. Just nothing. Can’t attack anything, can’t go through the door just stuck in the wall. Highly frustrating

Attachments:

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Kai.9541

Kai.9541

Ran into the same problem with my friend. Her game was bugged..BUT FEAR NOT!
Hop on top of the door and then press F!
Was able to finish that instance…

Gate of Madness Server

(edited by Kai.9541)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: chosenek.7814

chosenek.7814

Still does not work. :-(

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Fiddlesticks.5693

Fiddlesticks.5693

Found a way to complete this with the door being wacky. If you look near the door you can jump up the spiral structures and essentially jump ON TOP OF the door. There’s a hit box you can click on while standing on top of the door to open it. Dumb? Yes, but finally you can get past this bug.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

This bug still exists.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Rolandus Lucius.3804

Rolandus Lucius.3804

Same problem here…cannot get through any of the doors after the Lords little speach. Reported bug but no action so far. Tried again today …still the same!

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Shandalar Al Tambol.9683

Shandalar Al Tambol.9683

Can’t believe that after 3 months, this still isn’t fixed. Even worse, I can’t believe that I trusted the developers to get it fixed after the Lost Shores event. And I really can’t believe after having one of my avatars get this bugged event, I tried again (had to ask for a ride from someone else first time I got bugged) The above fix didn’t work for me. I’ve tried LOTS. This bug seems to appear after your first character does it successfully; at least that’s what happened to me, worked once then never again on other avatars.

David Basinger

(edited by Shandalar Al Tambol.9683)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

I’m stuck trying to escape after completing the mission – is there a way out besides the main door? When I try to open it, the popup says the door won’t budge.

Tarnished Coast

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

What’s your current objective? There’s an NPC who opens the door.

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

The Mouth and all enemies are dead. The only NPCs around are the three remaining Pact squad. The current objective is ‘Escape from Kitah Manse. ’ However, when I run through the falling rocks and get back to the very first door, it won’t open (a popup says something like it won’t budge). I tried talking to each of the three soldiers, but they don’t do or say anything. There aren’t any other visible NPCs anywhere.

If there is another way out, I’m missing it. I’ve searched the rooms and jumped up and down everywhere.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by matty.1052)

Estate of decay...stuck.

Posted by: caramelatte.5738

caramelatte.5738

Ok, I have the same problem here. Killed the boss and the command says “Escape from Kitah Manse”, came back to the first door but it wouldn’t open. Talked to the 3 NPCs who are with me but none does or say anything special. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.