Event Bugs and Guild Wars 2 In General

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Skolia.2408

Skolia.2408

I don’t mean to offend ArenaNet or the ArenaNet QA team but something in your process doesn’t seem to work right.

This “Lost Shores” event seems to be more broken than working and some of the issues (Miyani sending you the same mail every time you zone) seem like they would’ve been easy catches & fixes.

The overall game itself, since launch, has had a lot of good fixes, some not so good fixes, and a lot of things that were reported in beta are still broken.

I’m not sure where in the pipe things are broken (QA itself, upper management overrides, or what) but I think you guys should fix it.

I know, from experience, that software development is complex and there are a lot of factors but there needs to be some improvement here.

[Broken Things in Event (so far, that I’ve noticed):

1. Noll doesn’t seem to be there sometimes.
2. The event in Kessex Hills with the assassin doesn’t work.
3. In Garenhoff the guy you’re getting information out of doesn’t work.
4. Miyani spams you every time you zone.
5. The Consortium crier repeats so quickly he interrupts himself.]

(edited by Skolia.2408)

Posted by: Felblade.8701

Felblade.8701

I think the whole “No monthly fee! pay once and play forever” thing is kind of like the “you get what you pay for” saying. No monthly fee means no not enough staff on their end and poorer management etc. They have 2 people working on class and balance changes, which is kind of ridiculous. if you ask me.

Don’t get me wrong, they made a nice game and ive had a great feeling from playing it, but Im thinking about stopping playing because mainly the optimization is horrible and im not upgrading just to play the game with average fps (im talking WvWvW and events in general) are not really enjoyable with such bad fps. Also ofc all the bugs and such which simply just shuts of what you wanted to do, and oh there is so many bugs.

Also all the so called “Progression” which is basically a gear treadmill is the wrong way to go. They are making a decent amount through the gem store adding the waste of time chests but not adding something we want (like character re-customize which we have been asking for)

Time will tell, and so far it looks bleak.

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

I agree with both of the above comments. ArenaNet, please stop releasing new content and fix what you already have.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Just tried to complete the new Kessex Hills thing but Garenhoff is no where in sight. My guild mate and I actually managed to do the run in Celadon Forest without major problems…but did not get any drops from completing it or from any of the npcs we were hunting down and doing away with.

We ran around in Lion’s Arch and spoke with the guys that had stars over their heads, but all they gave us was questions to ask…nothing else. Something about a ship wreck? Sounds suspiciously how the game is starting to feel now…a ship wreck.

Found the two new POI’s in Lion’s Arch but did not get anything new for obtaining them. Seems like an after thought to me and no rewards for completing that area – Again?

Found the Fractals Dungeon Door but lots of folks just standing around it not using it. Is it really working? I don’t know.

Seems like the new stuff added just was not well thought out and time/money/effort would have been better spent fixing what is already wrong in the game.

Posted by: Lori.6571

Lori.6571

There definitely seems to be a fundamental flaw in the dynamic event system at present and it’s a flaw that’s existed since launch. I have now leveled 5 characters to L80 and a 6th that’s more than half way there and I’d say, conservatively, that every region I have gone to on every single character I’ve player has experienced a minimum of 2 dynamic events that are broken/stuck/bugged. It’s usually the same bugs, and the only time they’re ever not broken is the first hour or two after a server reset. After that, something in your DE mechanics causes them to fail.

I can understand when new content contains the occasional bug, but I have a hard time seeing things that remain that way for months — particularly when a number of them are very serious “blockers” for players — inaccessibility of Arah being the most crucial of them.

Sure, players salivate over new content, and new content sparks new/renewed interest and can grow a customer base; but the failure to devote resources to fixing existing problems — many of them severe — is also driving away many customers and the longer these bugs persist the more they will erode the loyalty of your fan base. I suspect that your retention rate it going to start to nosedive if the numerous existing bugs persist for too much longer…players will lose that optimistic “they just need a little more time to do it and I’ll try to be patient” forgiveness about a new game and will hit the “they’re never gonna fix this so I guess I better find something else that’s better” attitude. Three months of “first blush” is really pushing it when it comes to non-trivial content…