Exception: c0000005 A serious error...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Can’t report in-game, so here will have to do.
It started maybe 2ish weeks ago. It always happens while crafting. always in the middle of an amount of things being crafting. The current time, I tried to craft 286 Bowls of Poultry Stock, after 37 of them, it crashed. Previously, it’s crashed on other characters, other professions, but always in the middle of making a few of something.
“Exception: c0000005
A serious error has occurred that prevented the application from continuing. A report has been sent to ArenaNet to help determine the cause.”
I click ‘OK’, game closes, I open it again, go back to the Bowls of Poultry Stock, and I now have 286 of them. I suspect I have all of them because I left it open while writing this, previously it’s had less than the amount I wanted to make but more than the amount it left off at. So I suspect it’s still crafting in the background until the game closes. When I still have more to make, I have been able to finished crafting them without problem (but then it’ll crash some time later on something else).

I am using the mac client, running OSX 10.10.3
I’ve already ‘repaired the game client’ as outlined here: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client
I’m wondering when ArenaNet will determine the cause and fix it?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Erebus.4732

Erebus.4732

strange, i had the exact same thing happen to me just recently. it as an encryption c0000005. I am running a diagnostic to see what is casing it but I hope anet can fix this.

Edit: I did the repair, it found nothing wrong, but it happened when I tried opening the TP in the crafting menu.

(edited by Erebus.4732)