Exotic Mini Bug (Minis 3-Pack Set 2)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

If you have one of these sets and an exotic mini, you might have noticed some unusual behavior. Miniatures should not be fighting , or taking hits. We’ll be investigating these rogue toys and removing their free will. We do want to add more usability to miniatures, but we wouldn’t do it by putting that usability in quietly without an announcement.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

This is just my opinion, but the way you worded this makes it sound like the minipets are doing damage, which is an exploitable bug. If that’s the case, why tell the world, instead of removing it as quietly as it appeared?

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Alexander.1957

Alexander.1957

Awwww. I was planning to get the exotic Steam Hulk just to watch him fight …:(

Please do consider in the future for mini pets to have some type of fighting, even if its amongst themselves :P aka Mini Battles.

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

How can it be a “unusual behavior” if they have animations and combat graphics? There’s a video of a mechano-squid thing shooting a pink lazer. Someone had to create that, spent work hours, got paid. That’s quite the chain of “unusual behaviors”.

Posted by: Raghnu.1049

Raghnu.1049

This is just my opinion, but the way you worded this makes it sound like the minipets are doing damage, which is an exploitable bug. If that’s the case, why tell the world, instead of removing it as quietly as it appeared?

They don’t do enough damage to even qualify it at exploiting. Unless it is one-shotting wvwers

Posted by: Drogan.4685

Drogan.4685

How can it be a “bug” if they have animations and combat graphics? There’s a video of a mechano-squid thing shooting a pink lazer. Someone had to create that, spent work hours, got paid. That’s one heck of a “bug”.

The “bug” is that all this is happening out side the Polymock Arena, I’d guess.

Posted by: Sukor.1236

Sukor.1236

How can it be a “unusual behavior” if they have animations and combat graphics? There’s a video of a mechano-squid thing shooting a pink lazer. Someone had to create that, spent work hours, got paid. That’s quite the chain of “unusual behaviors”.

You do realize that minis are just shrunk down regular models right? All of those animations and assets already existed for the actual full size version of that creature.

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Thats funny because when I heard about minis attacking I thought it was a fantastic idea to have a mini that did a miniscule amount of damage not enough to really effect anything but to have a cool animation like the laser shooting out of it. I was going to get one. Infact I was prepared to spend 50 dollars of real money on the game. But now, you just lost a sale. It doesnt matter whether you agree that they should do any damage or not. Bottom line is you just lost a sale.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Thats funny because when I heard about minis attacking I thought it was a fantastic idea to have a mini that did a miniscule amount of damage not enough to really effect anything but to have a cool animation like the laser shooting out of it. I was going to get one. Infact I was prepared to spend 50 dollars of real money on the game. But now, you just lost a sale. It doesnt matter whether you agree that they should do any damage or not. Bottom line is you just lost a sale.

And they just saved you from wasting your money on a BUG that will be fixed later, forcing you to demand a refund.

So… you’re welcome.

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

Video of the behavior mentioned:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWYtuI03cfc

More info here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ksrux/new_exotic_minis_have_their_own_nameplate/

While I originally thought it was intentional, I wish Anet would allow these minis to fight alongside the player, but take and deal no damage. Behavior like that would actually make it worth the investment of buying these minis.

Also, since we are on the topic of miniatures, are players going to see an update to the mini system in 2013?

The current system is clunky, and I think improving it would add more value to collecting and using minis. It’s silly and irritating having to click-activate them through the inventory window, keep them in an invisible bag to avoid depositing it in the collectables tab, and having to reactivate whenever I change zones, die, or go into water (for those minis that can’t swim).

(edited by Six.8051)

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

No joke, I have killed about 40-50 level 2-3 mobs in Queensdale with a mini today.

It’s pathetically slow and anything about level 5 or higher will one-shot the mini.

Some of us were wondering if they would level, they don’t seem to (now we know why)
I can understand keeping them from fighting – and mostly because you want them to not die every time you fight, but it does shoot lasers so it’s disappointing to see that neat bit of flair removed.

I think it would be great if they would “mock fight” with you – neither taking or giving damage, but, like a brave little puppy, trying to protect their master…

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Thanks for the video, it was exactly what I was looking for to be able to see these minis in action before they’re stripped of their free will. I once noticed one of my own mini-pets getting knocked down, but not actually fighting. This was a long time ago and never saw it happen again since.

I am The No.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

polymock is coming…

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

What about that not one of set 2 (except at least one exotic) work underwater..? It is intended behavior that a moa can swim, but natural water pets can’t?

it was written…

(edited by cubed.2853)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Imagine lvling your mini and having it actually grow in size =D

Posted by: Cardovillian.2403

Cardovillian.2403

Mini Battle Arenas, we want. I’d even buy some for that.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

As long as we get out watchknights back.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Please do make it so minis can fight enemies alongside you, even if they only do a token pittance of damage.

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

It’s probably for the best that Minis don’t fight at all. But at least they could give them their attack animations when they are idle, as a sort of nice flair.

I am The No.

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

If you have one of these sets and an exotic mini, you might have noticed some unusual behavior. Miniatures should not be fighting , or taking hits. We’ll be investigating these rogue toys and removing their free will. We do want to add more usability to miniatures, but we wouldn’t do it by putting that usability in quietly without an announcement.

Awww, but it’s so cool. Can they keep their free will if they just do zero damage?

Posted by: Veplerion.3921

Veplerion.3921

Removing their free will, lol. So cruel, ANet.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I mean why not? If they do minimal damage, why not!?? That would be frikin awesome.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Cool video. I echo the “keep the fight animations” request.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Tuulipz.7961

Tuulipz.7961

That’s not cool for people who bought those. Their attacks and hp (even if very weak) gave those minis a bigger value. I bought one for 130g yesterday, now it worth less than 40g… Thanks Kiel