Exotics reuiring extra ectos?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

My mesmer does weaponsmith. Everything used to be fine, an exotic greatsword required three things, an inscription, a blade and a hilt. I am now trying to get it to lvl 500, so I’m discovering new recipes when possible. The problem is the discovery panel is asking for an inscription, a blade. a hilt and 5 ectos. The old recipes are unchanged.

I made one and the recipe clearly requires 5 ectos.

I reported this issue in game some time ago but nothing seems to have done. So I’m down 5 ectos and a crafting XP item and have stopped craft to 500 because of this. Please fix.

Refunding my 5 ectos would be nice too., as would a new crafting XP booster. A free precursor would be really good but I’m not holding my breath for that

Posted by: Sgloomi.4103

Sgloomi.4103

You are possibly using one of the Non-craftable Inscriptions like Shaman’s or Dire. Those require 5 Ectos to complete the weapon.

This is because the Craftable Inscriptions cost 5 Ectos to make in the first place, whereas the Non-craftables are dirt cheap from the TP or drops.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

There is also the lower level exotics, a high crafting character can make which uses alot of ectos and the new inscriptions they added.

(edited by John.8507)