Experimental Envoy Armor skin not unlocked

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dannyus.2518

Dannyus.2518

Hey, so I have finished the collection for the refined armor and I chose the medium armor. The problem is, it did not unlocked the medium Experimental Envoy Armor skins (the first tier basically). The same happened when I crafted refined heavy armor. Experimental heavy skins are not unlocked. And since there is no way to obtain the experimental ones I think it is a bug-

Posted by: xunkara.8735

xunkara.8735

I think this is intended.

You select the Experimental Envoy Armor from a chest. You do not “use” that armor to get the Refined Envoy chest; it just gives it to you from the collection. The Refined armor is then “used” to make the Perfected Envoy.

So technically, you could get the Experimental skins in a totally different weight, but end up crafting the actual Legendary armor in another weight.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

You select the Experimental Envoy Armor from a chest. You do not “use” that armor to get the Refined Envoy chest; it just gives it to you from the collection. The Refined armor is then “used” to make the Perfected Envoy.

So technically, you could get the Experimental skins in a totally different weight, but end up crafting the actual Legendary armor in another weight.

Technically it is a bug, since any other ascended equipment unlocks in the wardrobe automatically due to it being account bound on acquire.

OP, did you open the chest containing said armor? You said you picked medium, but did you then open that chest?

Kitten.

Posted by: Pandarr.9642

Pandarr.9642

Technically it is a bug, since any other ascended equipment unlocks in the wardrobe automatically due to it being account bound on acquire.

OP, did you open the chest containing said armor? You said you picked medium, but did you then open that chest?

I think you misunderstand OP’s situation. He chose the medium armor set for the second tier, and he’s wondering why the skins for the second tier don’t unlock the skins for the first tier too. He’s not asking why having armor doesn’t unlock it’s own skin, he’s wondering why having second tier armor doesn’t unlock the related skin (even if they’re not the same skins). He has the second tier skin he chose (I’m assuming, he didn’t complain about not getting the skins for the armor he chose), but he doesn’t have the first tier skin which is only obtainable if you choose that armor weight for your first tier armor set. This makes 2/3 of the experimental armor skins unobtainable for each account, because you can only obtain the first tier from the legendary armor collection, and you only get one box and you can only choose one weight class. It’s not really a bug, since it makes sense that getting an armor set only unlocks the skin for that armor set, but it is probably an oversight that it is literally impossible to collect all 3 tier 1 skins.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s some Dev responses about tiers of Legendary Armor, and unlocking, in the latest AMA, but I’m afraid I don’t remember which tiers it addressed (not the final one).

You can look up the AMA on Reddit which one the Devs were going to investigate, if you so desire.

Good luck.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

I think the relevant post is this one and its replies. It also includes a link to a forum post where a dev stated that unlocking refined armour should also unlock the same weight’s experimental armour skins.

(edited by Stitch.1794)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thanks for providing the link. I hope it answers any queries. (I didn’t look at it, but I’m hoping it is relevant.)