[Exploit] The 6000+ Vanilla Beans I bought in Bulk with Karma are sellable for gold on the Trading Post...

[Exploit] The 6000+ Vanilla Beans I bought in Bulk with Karma are sellable for gold on the Trading Post...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

I bought 6000+ Vanilla Beans in bulk (21 Karma each; 25 beans per bulk package) during my Cooking phase (I’m rank 400 now). I bought them as a joke to send Vanilla foods to my guild members.

I Didn’t want to sell them because I spent so much karma buying them, so they collected dust in my Bank.

Today, I took them out of my bank, and was selling stuff, trying to make room for my new set of armor when I found out that if I move non-tradable Vanilla Beans from my back and into Collectibles, then back to my bag, it sets them into Tradable mode.

Those of us who collected 6000+ Vanilla beans are able to make a serious amount of gold now… I’m looking at a possible 120 Gold profit for the small amount of Karma that I spent buying them.

My guild says I could get banned if I do this and asked me notify the forums about it, and stop what I’m doing until I get the green light to continue selling them on the Auction house. I don’t want to lose my character.

I hope I’m placing this in the right place. I’ve never used these forums before.

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Are they still in the bags, or are they out of the bags? Because if they’re “loose”, it’s perfectly fine to sell them, as they’re no longer account bound. They’re a harvestable item now.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

This post should be removed from the forums if this exploit still works. OP should instead submit the exploit properly, privately.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Aeri.1452

Aeri.1452

It doesn’t still ‘work’ in the sense that vanilla beans are no longer sold for karma. If you were lucky and bought a whole bunch before it was changed, I don’t see how ANet could consider it an exploit, unless you somehow knew about the change beforehand.