Exploit or just Odd?

Exploit or just Odd?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

The new Jewel Boxes that can be obtained from the Karma merchants. These boxes will give you liquid karma which can return the karma it costed to get the box in the first place. I have noticed a return of anywhere from 50% to 130% back making these items able to be rebought over and over again. Is this something the community should be concerned with as an exploit that anet could possibly perma ban people for?

Stacking those liquids with guild banners, guild buffs, and boosters is what is giving the advantage of extra karma.

Some quick answers from anet would be much appreciated so we dont have issues like the Snowflakes gave us.

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: iruleds.2591

iruleds.2591

Well I had 300k karma and spent it all on Jewel Boxes.

Now I have 90k.

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

It’s a gamble, not an exploit. Sometimes it gives you more karma than you spent, sometimes it doesn’t.

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

Thank you for the prompt responce

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: Zeus CM.1692

Zeus CM.1692

I think the main reason for this item is to lower the prices of lodestones a bit and to have a good way of transferring karma from one character to another.

Croatian Guild & GW portal:
http://www.croatian-maniacs.com

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: Cierdwyn.4675

Cierdwyn.4675

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Regarding-the-new-Orrian-boxes/first#post1316423

That partially answers my concern that I posted above, but I am more concerned with the amount of gold I could potentially make. Not from the mats .. though, I did sell 2 of them .. but especially from the large amount of the Unidentifiable Objects .. I got a LOT of them. I did as iruleds.2591 did and spent a few hundred K on those boxes .. I wanted the mini .. turns out I got 4 (thought it was 3 but just checked before posting this).

I just want to know that this is intended .. that it’s okay to sell the stuff .. that it is NOT considered an exploit to do so .. that whole snowflake incident has me panicky about this .. I LOVE my account/game and worked hard to get to this point. :\

(edited by Cierdwyn.4675)

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: Havidos.9328

Havidos.9328

The GM has already said that it’s good to go, it’s working as intended. But I understand your concern as no one really knows what ANet will ban someone for these days. They have gone on a witch hunt and banned people for being creative and resourceful. Obviously certain third party applications that help a person farm or cheat are worth banning, but nuking items and selling mats should never be a bannable offense.

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Regarding-the-new-Orrian-boxes/first#post1316423

That partially answers my concern that I posted above, but I am more concerned with the amount of gold I could potentially make. Not from the mats .. though, I did sell 2 of them .. but especially from the large amount of the Unidentifiable Objects .. I got a LOT of them. I did as iruleds.2591 did and spent a few hundred K on those boxes .. I wanted the mini .. turns out I got 4 (thought it was 3 but just checked before posting this).

I just want to know that this is intended .. that it’s okay to sell the stuff .. that it is NOT considered an exploit to do so .. that whole snowflake incident has me panicky about this .. I LOVE my account/game and worked hard to get to this point. :\

Those unidentifiable objects? Literally the only thing you CAN do with those things is sell them. You’re panicking over nothing.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: EMAN.6190

EMAN.6190

It’s a gamble, not an exploit. Sometimes it gives you more karma than you spent, sometimes it doesn’t.

Kind of like the old Snowflake recipe?

Exploit or just Odd?

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Now it still averages in less returns rather than more, but imagine when people get access to the karmic infusion, that’s another 15% karma gain.