Emapudapus.1307

Pictures says everything.

Attachments:

all is vain

Exposing my email adress to others ingame

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

the only thing it says to me is that you chose your username to be exactly the one of your mail x)? #confused.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

the only thing it says to me is that you chose your username to be exactly the one of your mail x)? #confused.

You can see my username on forum name …. One day instead of my name Emapudapus…. showed email adress instead.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

You can see my username on forum name …. One day instead of my name Emapudapus…. showed email adress instead.

alot of weird kitten is going on at the moment :/

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: tota.4893

tota.4893

Me and several guildmates had this happen a while ago when the logins were acting weird. Those that actually got in could see their own email addresses (or parts of them) in the guild interface.

I don’t think anyone’s privacy was compromised as everyone said they could only see their own address, but it was still creepy.

It’s almost like a part of the login process was being skipped completely; two players also said they never got a character select screen and immediately loaded onto a random character.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

I can confirm that while you can see your email address, no one else can. This is a bug we’re aware of and working on, but your account security has not been compromised.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Big Bang.5418

Big Bang.5418

I can confirm that while you can see your email address, no one else can. This is a bug we’re aware of and working on, but your account security has not been compromised.

That’s weird then. I saw this happen to my account a while ago after a disconnect. It startled me, and I asked my guildmates what my account name in the guild roster was. Some said it was my actual account name, others told me my entire e-mail address, which none of them could possibly have known. And I am sure of this. We’re talking Norwegians and Slovenians knowing the internal handle of my (German) university e-mail address, which I use only for university matters — and GW.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If it is still happening, get screenshots from the other players that can see your email address and add them to your own support ticket (or create one if you don’t have one yet).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”