Exquisite Opal Jewel

Exquisite Opal Jewel

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Shows +24 Precision instead of +25. May just be visual, but that should make it easy to update.

Exquisite Opal Jewel

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a text anomaly. The API shows that the EOJ grants +25 precision, not +25.

Hopefully they can fix it the next time they do a passthrough on descriptions. (Which FYI: might not be for a while.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Exquisite Opal Jewel

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I have noticed this about two years ago, and it has not been fixed to this day, so I always assumed it was deliberate and that the bonus was indeed just +24.

Exquisite Opal Jewel

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I have noticed this about two years ago, and it has not been fixed to this day, so I always assumed it was deliberate and that the bonus was indeed just +24.

I thought the same, but couldn’t figure out why. Then another player confirmed that it was just a display issue and that it actually does grant +25. Still, it’s a pretty silly thing to not notice or fix after 5 years.

Exquisite Opal Jewel

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

And I actually thought those displayed texts are generated from the actual stats and aren’t free, manual text.

Exquisite Opal Jewel

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

And I actually thought those displayed texts are generated from the actual stats and aren’t free, manual text.

I think they were in GW1. I’m not sure why they didn’t design them that way for GW2, but it would be a lot of tedious (and error-prone) work to convert it now.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”