F2P people can't use /emote ?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Meowhead.8491

Meowhead.8491

I’m having people in my RP-friendly guild complain that the F2P accounts can’t use /emote /me /em /e.

I checked the list of account restrictions and it mentions not being able to use emotes =during matches= until you’re rank 20, which suggests that you should be able to use it in the open world.

I could find no information on /emote being restricted for F2P players. Since they can use /say, it seems oddly arbitrary for them to be unable to use /emote, and it sort of makes it hard for anybody into RPing to do so on a free account.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

That is stupid… I can see /map unable to be used and whisper limited, but /emote? There is not one bot I ever seen use emote.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Meowhead.8491

This appears to be a bug. Either that or it’s an undocumented account restriction, but they should at least put it in the list of account restrictions so it doesn’t seem like a bug. At which point I’d complain about it as unnecessarily strict, but at least I wouldn’t think it’s a bug.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I believe that’s a bug somehow tied to map chat restriction. For months (or years) emote has kind of worked like map chat, your emotes would be viewable for anyone in the map even far from you. Possibly that’s the case so since map chat is restricted it could have been unintentionally restricted too. (If so, yay, finally a reason to fix that kitten wide range emote :P)

Posted by: MLinni.6109

MLinni.6109

I highly doubt this is a bug.
“/me would like you to buy tons of gold from my stupid gold seller service!!!!11!”, anyone?
If you have to keep those guys from map chat, you also have to keep them from emotes.
Perhaps it might be nice to allow it in secluded areas like home instances to help F2P roleplayers.

Meowhead.8491

If it’s not a bug, then they really should mention it in under the list of restrictions.

And they should consider treating /emote more like /say rather than /map in the first place.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If it’s not a bug, then they really should mention it in under the list of restrictions.

And they should consider treating /emote more like /say rather than /map in the first place.

Yes, that’s how I said, since emote acts like map chat it possibly was included (intentionally or not) in the restrictions. Also yes, emote should never be map wide so a “simply fix” would make it like it was supposed to be: limited to “say” range, so no restrictions needed if it was the case.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

/say is 2000 range (according to wiki) /map is map wide…
/me, /e, /em, is between those two. Its at least a whole sector of Divinity’s Reach at least.

If ANET can fix it to down to 2000 like /say it will be fine and allowed again for FTPs.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.