[FIXED] No sound

[FIXED] No sound

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Please fix the loss of sounds after hours of play in Guild Wars 2. I shoudn’t have to exit and relogin every few hours to regain sounds in the game, especially If I waited 2:10 hours in queue for WvW.

This issue has been happening since Tower of Nightmares release.

UPDATE:
Since today’s update with The Nightmares Within, the sound issues no longer occurred.

(edited by Geekfox.4267)

[FIXED] No sound

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Check your local.dat file in your gw2 folder. It’s your UI settings but it tends to grow in size and has been the culprit of many sound-related gw2 bugs. If it’s bigger than 15mbs, delete it and let the game restore it. You’ll have to go back in and reset you UI settings, but it has fixed sound bugs for me in the past.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

[FIXED] No sound

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

I don’t have a local.dat file.

[FIXED] No sound

Jayne.9251

If you have been part of GW2 since beta you can find it in Documents > GW2 folder.

If you installed from scratch it can be found … aaand I just went looking for it myself and it’s no longer where it used to be. And a search of my system failed to find it as well. Hrm, I guess they must have replaced the buggy file then.

Sorry then I have no alternate solution. That was my go-to for fixing sound issues.

[FIXED] No sound

Jayne.9251

OK someone had an issue with something else entirely and support sent them this .. it located local.dat for me when I couldn’t find it via search previously:

Paste in the following line: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2
Click “OK.”
Delete the local.dat file located here.

Hope that helps fix your bug issue.

[FIXED] No sound

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Nope. This is a new bug. I have lost some of the tracks, 3 times since the last patch, when there is a lot going on. That is: WvW zerg, Lyssa and Grenth.

I still hear Dialog and UI effects, but I believe both environment and effects are gone. (I never listen to the music).

Sound quality is set to Highest Quality and Lowest Latency.

I’ve had a few sound bugs before (ie: crashing) but this is something brand new, and I’ve corroborated on this with a few other people running the events with me.

[FIXED] No sound

Allisa Wonderland.8192

btw, I did try doing the local.dat thing

[FIXED] No sound

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Further testing:

After this bug has taken effect, and I go back to character selection.. it was only randomly “beeping” when I single click on a character’s image. After restarting the client, the game was reliably beeping on each single click, as expected.

Hope this helps.

[FIXED] No sound

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I delete the .dat files every week or so and this has happened to me twice recently. Each time I was in Orr, not sure if that’s coincidence or not. The sounds seem to dwindle off one by one. At first the music will go then the sound effects and lastly the voices.

I almost had a heart attack the first time it happened because the music and sound were gone but I kept going to see if the sound would come back on it’s own. All of a sudden I hear “FOR GREAT JUSTICE!” and nearly hit the roof because up til that point I’d been playing in total silence

[FIXED] No sound

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Since [fixed] it is working great. Thank you!