FPS Caps / Issue with latest patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Paha.8574

Paha.8574

After recent patch I suddenly started having real issues with fps, in all areas. The game is very uncomfortable to play anywhere as it is.

Before my fps was going anywhere between 80-120 depending on heaviness of the area or site, and obviously dipping in new Lions Arch open area, but now I am stuck below 30 FPS everywhere. It’s almost like it’s capped somewhere there. This is the same in every map, I went back and forth trying different places to see what’s different. I tried different chracters with different gear and costumes, to see if some graphic / animation caused issue. Every area, every character and every situation is the same, and nothing I do seems to change it back.

I hope you folks can figure it out fast and fix it, because as it is the game is unplayable for me. This low fps is absolutely hideous to play with.

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

you might have the same problem as here (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Graphics-settings-reset-after-each-map-load/first#post5420233)

basically your graphics setting will keep resetting each time you zone or get out of a cutscene so you’re gonna have to reconfigure it every time.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

I am having the same issue but my fps is dropped to 8-10 at max. I have tried changing all of the settings to best performance but nothing chande. The game is running completely like trash. Its like i have MASSIVE lags but its my fps (its even affecting the audio). Now I dont have a really good computer but I have never had this problem before this patch ( before this patch I was easily able to get 30-40 fps but now my max fps is 10).
I have also noticed that the game appearance is really good compared to what it was before patch. Maybe there was a graphic update with this patch that totally ruined my performance?

Please AN take a look a this problem because I just cant play the game with this proble.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Same here, on all points. It’s been a couple of days since the bad patch and it continues to astound me that i) it hasn’t been fixed or rolled-back, ii) that nobody noticed the rather glaring problems before releasing the patch and iii) that Anet doesn’t seem to understand the importance of communicating with its customers. Please, Anet. At least try to make us feel like you’re doing something. I was enjoying the game over the last 90 days since I started. Is the honeymoon over already..?

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Oh, and when a company screws its customers around, they sometimes give them a little something by way of compensation. For example, a couple of mystic forge stones. Just a thought.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

nvidia released new drivers a few days ago – did you update? Maybe that’s the problem? and compensation.. oh please!

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

nvidia released new drivers a few days ago – did you update? Maybe that’s the problem? and compensation.. oh please!

I have tried downloading and installing the lastest drivers but it still happening. When I am underwayter and facing the wall the fps is normal, but as soon as I look at the sky or try to go to the city I get instant drop in performance. It slows the enitre game, even the audio ( I hear statics in the audio and the ALL game is REALLY slow). I am pretty sure it got something to do with the last patch and AN needs to fix this ASAP.

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

It has nothing to do whatsoever with the drivers. It is the “Render Sampling” setting being reset to “Native” (even if it still shows “Subsample”) in the graphics settings. It needs to be fixed.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

“nvidia released new drivers a few days ago – did you update? Maybe that’s the problem? and compensation.. oh please!”

I was kidding about the compensation. Well, half kidding.

In any case, when there are numerous posts and comments by numerous people over several days clearly indicating that the last patch broke something fundamental and it isn’t specific to a person or a graphics card (mine’s not nvidia btw) comments like that boggle my mind.

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

It has nothing to do whatsoever with the drivers. It is the “Render Sampling” setting being reset to “Native” (even if it still shows “Subsample”) in the graphics settings. It needs to be fixed.

How often does this reset? Or do you just need to change it back once?

Bump having the same problem.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

I don’t know if this is related or not, but I have been having the same issue since the 7/28 patch. It seems to be partially related to map population, but not entirely. I had assumed it was an issue with the mac client, but unless you all are using mac client as well perhaps there is something else wrong. I use best performance as well.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM