FPS Dropping Gear

FPS Dropping Gear

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Hello,

I have a computer that can easily play WvW and other intensive things all on high settings. But I have noticed an issue when I encountered another player using a combination of gear. When he is out of the frame, my FPS is fine. As soon as he enters my field of vision, it drops. If I get really close to him, the FPS drops to 3. I asked him about it and his only reply was “new meta”.

Attachments:

(edited by Magnus Heartseeker.7958)

FPS Dropping Gear

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

When he gets into the frame

Attachments:

FPS Dropping Gear

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

And finally, up close

Attachments:

FPS Dropping Gear

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Doh…. I forgot to blot out the names. one sec

FPS Dropping Gear

Posted by: DrakoRoma.4167

DrakoRoma.4167

It appears to be an incorrectly large number of the same glow effect stacked onto of each other. Effects like that can lower framerates drastically, esepcially as they occupy more screenspace.

It could be a random bug on your side or an exploit of a glitch. If it does become a serious issue, you can try dropping the model detail (I believe that’s the name) to the lowest setting.

FPS Dropping Gear

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Hey, I’m in those screenies!

Attachments:

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

FPS Dropping Gear

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

That’s what happens when you use the tonic exploit to aura-stack a legendary. It’s not your side, it’s directly caused by that guy exploiting.

FPS Dropping Gear

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

you can try dropping the model detail (I believe that’s the name) to the lowest setting.

Unfortunately, even setting Character Model Limit and Character Model Quality to “Lowest” makes no difference on the displaying of both back pieces and weapons, as well as any effects on those back pieces or weapons like legendary auras or spinal blade back item glow. Even turning every single graphics setting to the lowest setting possible does nothing to hide any of the auras or effects on legendary weapons or back pieces.

It’s completely illogical and ridiculous that we have settings to make standard low quality armor forced on everyone else, but back pieces apparently do not count as armor and we also cannot remove the graphics and effects on weapons (primarily those annoying legendaries and their effects)…the main things that actually cause graphical FPS issues, are visually annoying, and that players would actually desire to make hidden.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

FPS Dropping Gear

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

And finally, up close

Guy on your screen use bug on stack aura and lag this game. Report him is easy way

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

FPS Dropping Gear

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

I just got time to read all of this. Thanks for all the info guys!